what is this thing for? - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

what is this thing for?

Featured Replies

Was in the midst of taking off emissions stuff, anyone know what this is for?

post-27190-14150819512259_thumb.jpg

Might be a magnet valve. If so, you have disabled the heater and AC controls. What's the other side look like?

I'm pretty sure that's your flux capacitor.

Chuck

Put that back! That is the disgronificator. The planet will dissolve if you drive the car without it!

Def magnet valve and bracket. Looks like one is missing. One valve provides vacuum to heater/defrost doors and acuators. The other valve works with A/C fast idle.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
put that back! That is the disgronificator. The planet will dissolve if you drive the car without it!
dik!!!ROFL

Edited by 5thhorsemann

  • Author

It was like this when I bought the car. I'll just mount it under that shelf bracket thing by the battery or something. Thanks for the help guys

It's a stock part. There are drawings in the FSM, AC section, of where it mounts. The threaded holes will still be there. You 'll need one of them at least if you want your heater controls to work. That might include the vent, depending on year of car. All they need is a vacuum source and the correct wire hooked up, easy.

It's a stock part. There are drawings in the FSM, AC section, of where it mounts. The threaded holes will still be there. You 'll need one of them at least if you want your heater controls to work. That might include the vent, depending on year of car. All they need is a vacuum source and the correct wire hooked up, easy.

I still have both magnet valves on my car. I do not use them though. I have bypassed the vacuum to both. My AC is inoperable, never has been since I owned the car. My heater controls work just fine. I may hook them back up some day just to see what difference they make.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.