IGNORED

'73 in Long Island, NY Listed on Ebay

This one was listed before - first it was at a Dealer here in Florida. I can't recall exactly - but I think he was asking something in the range of $16,000.00. Might be a very good buy at $5,900.00 BIN.. especially on the East Coast.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Frankly, I'm surprised that no one has purchased it for the BIN yet. Sitting at only $2,550.00 with 11 bids with 7 days and 1 hour remaining at the time of this post. For the money, you're not going to find a better 240Z for sale on the East Coast.

post-6600-1415081951073_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150819511059_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150819511302_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150819511534_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150819511769_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150819512015_thumb.jpg

On Long Island they love salt on their french fries and on their roads. In the early '80's I went to college out in eastern Long Island. In one year my very clean '71 240 developed rust on both rear wheel arches.

Someone please rescue that car before evaporates. If the rust is limited to the areas shown it seems like a fair BIN price too.

Edited by Gary in NJ

At $4499.00 someone got a super deal. That car was either on E-Bay or on a Dealers Web Site back in April of this year. It was here in Clearwater - and I went to look it over. The Dealer that had it was asking around $16K - - don't know what he sold it for - but if it sold on E-Bay to a buyer in NY - and if that buyer paid anything close to the $16K - - he may have been so disappointed when seeing it in person - he decided to dump it and take the loss. That may or may not be what happened - but that is the same car.

It needed a complete repaint to be really "right" - and someone had coated the undercarriage not too long before I looked at it - with a spray on Black undercoat.. which set off Red Flags when I looked at it. Nonetheless the interior was in show condition and I didn't see any serious rust issues in the body work that could be seen.

At $4500.00 someone can drive it as is and enjoy it - and still have plenty of room cost wise to do a complete refresh or restoration.

FWIW

Carl B.