IGNORED

S30 in 3d

INST3D

I know this is totally dragging a thread up from the dead - but did you ever make any further progress on this? Also, what would the changes be of getting some .STL exports of the 3D model? I'm starting in on the 3D printing craze, and I'd love to see if I could print pieces of this model!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually no progress.Been learning a lot of new software and still learning. Also school takes a lot of time and maybe I will remake the model in a very different and easier way.But I don't think that will happen soon.Attaching last renders I got from it.

I will try to convert it to .stl but not sure about the quality.Wait a few days and if convertion will be ok the model wil be right here.

post-27563-14150830144017_thumb.jpg

post-27563-14150830144578_thumb.jpg

Edited by INST3D

240-basic geometry

240det-detailed( smoothed x1)

240det1-detailed( smoothed x2)

the first one should work fine and for the second one I'm not sure if it will open at all. Same with the last one. But you should have a try.

The model is not closed ( "water untight") so I don't think its okay for 3d printing. Also watch the scale, most likely it's not okay either.

The website doesn looke like prefer eating .zip archives

DropMeFiles ? ?????????? ????????????? ??? ???????????

Ñêà÷àòü z.zip

z.zip ? RGhost ? ?????????????

????????????? ska4ay.com

tell me if you know a better file storage of want me to re-upload the file

Edited by INST3D

INST3D I was able to pull down one of the .zip files and load it into Repetier. It looks like the model mostly translated, but the A pillars seem to be missing from the model. Check it out:

post-24680-14150830222045_thumb.jpg

I'm not so worried about the "not manifold" warnings it likes to throw, but I'm not sure how much success

I'd have without the A pillars.

I think I might try loading it into something like meshmixer or similar to see if I can split it into logical pieces - printing the whole thing as-is wouldn't work very well. I want to see if I can get a piece of it at least printed to see how it comes out! I'll let you know how it goes :)

seems to be latest version I can see on my hard drive

apillarsin.rar ? RGhost ? ?????????????

Hey INST3D, let me know what you would like to do with ZIP files on this site. I can increase the size of allowed uploads for you. I'd rather let you do this than use external links that will eventually expire.

Regarding the model, it's looking very good!! I like the last image you posted with the real scene in the background. The model almost looks real enough you can touch it. :)

UPDATE: I just checked the max size of a .ZIP file and it was set to 1MB. I increased this to 10MB to help offset this problem. Let me know if you can now upload. Thanks.

The models in zip files may go up to 100mb easily so there is no need of uploading them in this site

Anyways, thanks, Mike!

I can do some renders for the website already if you want, just tell me how you want it to look.Although it's just unfinished body, it may look ok

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...