BoldUlysses

Your Z's Turn Signal Action?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Your Z's Turn Signal Action?

• Mushy
    • Crisp
    • Somewhere in between

• 3 months later...

In my search for wiper wiring continuity I rememebered this thread, I had to take my steering wheel off anyway because it was in the wrong place slightly. I found that even after cleaning, it wasn't exactly right. Then I noticed that the cover plate was bent. The cover plate has a hole that the pivot point of the switch goes in. Mine did not go in and it just bowed the plate up, leaving the pivot pin loose on one end or maybe not loose but being mashed down. I miked the pin and gauged the hole with a drill bit. No way that pin was going in that hole. I put the cover in my vise and with the aid of two crecent wrenches staightened it and then drilled the hole bigger. I left .05 clearance and that feels about right. My bet is that the reason that the anchor end comes loose is that the cover plate did not support the other end. Anyway, that helped my swithc action a lot, it still ain't great, but is better.