IGNORED

Wiring Harness Pull Issue

Threehz

So I'm pulling my wiring harness before I respray the engine bay, and on the passenger's side where I'm disconnecting everything, I've run into a small problem. The passenger's side of the dash has three plugs that match with their corresponding plugs which are mounted to a big white plastic piece near the firewall on the inside of the car.

Is there any proper/easy way to get these plugs out of the plastic piece? It appears they must be removed to pull the harness out, but it looks like they are clipped in on every side. As far as I can tell I'm going to be breaking a lot of tiny plastic pieces and possibly damaging them trying to get them out. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Thanks.

Looking at the Parts Manual - it seems that only one bolt holds that Junction Block {the big plastice piece} up - have you removed that bolt and dropped the Junction Block down to see if you can get a better look at the connectors?

I don't have a 280Z - so I'm not sure how the connectors are locked in place... Just don't force anything...

I don't think you want to try to pull the engine harness into the passenger cabin - just too many big connectors in the engine compartment.

FWIW,

Carl B.

So I should be disconnecting the engine harness from the driver side then? I'll go check it out, thanks!

Looks like there is only one connection on the drivers side... but you would have to disconnect that if you want to pull the entire harness out. The main connections seem to be on the passenger side - as you note. Can you get a picture of the connectors in the Junction Block?? Maybe that would help...

Or as zkars mentioned, reverse the pull...bring it into the cab. Then you wont have to disconnect any of the main connectors under the dash. It's a lot easier to disconnect the harness from the engine compartment...been there done that.

Edited by rcb280z