IGNORED

75-78 FICD for A/C Wanted

dga

I need the Fuel Injection Compensation Device that advances the throttle linkage in 75-78 cars when the factory air conditioning is turned on.

This vacuum actuated compensator is mounted on the intake manifold for the purpose of adding 150-200 rpms to offset the a/c load when the car is idling.

I am looking to buy a used (or new) one that someone may have in their parts box after cleaning up the intake area or removing the factory a/c or the factory fuel injection setup.

Does anyone have a lead on such a part???

DGA:

How life in the GTA?

I believe I may the actuator you are looking for. I has almost a hook on the end of the arm does it now?

I was thinking of using it some day to do that function after I put Vintage A/C in my 73, but its just sitting there. Drop me a note to z240@shaw.ca and I'll get it on the way.

The device you are referring to is called the "Fast Idle Control Device" and yes it increases engine speed while the AC is engaged. Since its not a high demand part I would call on the phone these two places, I bet you find one. Z specialties has been able to get any part I needed even when they weren't listed.

http://www.zspecialties.com/

http://www.zcarsource.com

Hi GraphiteZ

Fall River is a pretty part of NE.

Many thanks for your offer! I have found the part, so I better leave it with you for the next guy who is in need of this somewhat rare part.