IGNORED

Days and Days of searching, I need help please?!

RyuZ32

I agree with Mike, if you had to use the bolts to pull the engine and trans together something is wrong. Maybe the torque converter got misaligned with the oil pump (in the trans) and is pushing on the flex plate too much. Hopefully you will be able to find the problem quickly and it will be easy to correct.

Bottom half? If you mean the dust cover, then no, it won't cause your problem. I looked in the factory manual for your car and in the auto trans section they specifically say to make sure the engine turns freely after installing the transmission. With this in mind, it seems that your problem could be due to an error with the trans install. Take out the starter and see if you can turn the engine with a wrench. If not, then loosen the bell housing screws and the tail shaft mount and move the trans back a bit. Try to turn the engine again.

Ok guys, after twelve grueling hours of cutting the bolts from the driveshaft(PO had a various amount of different sized bolts with different heads and they were seized in. It was ridiculous. Dremel and hammer/chisel combo later it was out. Pulled the transmission and found it was the torque converter wasn't in the alignment notches. Once it was all back together we hooked everything back up and hit the key...she turned over. Didn't fire, I could imagine due to plenty of things LOL I was too tired to track it down at 12:30 at night. So spending today with my family and ten back at it tomm after class. I'll post videos soon guys, thanks for all of the help and support!

Are you confirming what I said, or adding detail to the question? Not clear. There's no priming on the 77.

Have you tried the common method for testing the pump - disconnect the small wire from your starter and turn the key to Start? The pump should run without the starter cranking.

I think that the main relay by the hood latch release lever is the combined EFI and fuel pump relays.

Edit - changed "ignition" to EFI

Edited by Zed Head