IGNORED

Days and Days of searching, I need help please?!

RyuZ32

Might be time to put the time in on the wiring diagram. Here's one from "Mike" the Admin - http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

I'm not sure who put it together (maybe Saridout) but the color coding makes it easy to use. You can see that the green wire to the pump is green all the way to the connector by the passenger seat at least. It shows as green to the pump relay, but so do all of the other wires so that part might be incomplete. But you can test continuity from the pump to the connector, then from the connector to the relay (check wire color from the connector forward). If you have that then you need to test for power from that pin on the relay.

Another thing to do would be to check for power at the AAR connector. It gets its power from the same source, at the same time, as the fuel pump, in parallel. No power at the AAR means that power is not coming through the EFI/Pump relay. Same test, disconnect the starter solenoid and turn the key to Start, check for voltage at the two pins in the connector at the AAR. One gets power the the other goes to the ECU.

That silver one underneath the driver side has already been replaced. It was 100$ at Nissan.

Just a possibility - could you describe the relay that you replaced or post a picture? Are you sure that your car is a 77, and not a 78? 78 has a separate fuel pump relay and a separate "fuel pump control" relay. Early 78 cars were made in late 77, so if you're basing the year off of the door pillar tag, you might be a year off. If it's a 78, there might still be a relay to look at.

Hey Zed, he said he replaced the one on the drivers side which would indicate the earlier model relay but...a pic would be good considering all the abnormalities with this car. As a matter of fact a pic of all the fusible links again would be nice to make sure they are correct. Still would like to know what charging mods were made also. Something is not right in that area for sure.

Edited by rcb280z

Here's pics of the alt wiring, the egi relay, the three relay box things on that shelf type deal by the batt and the fusible links. And to show my car was a 7/77 production of that matters send some help my way guys. Be out here for about 2 hours or so. Call even if ya instantly see my issue 865-591-2701 (Thomas)

Pic #1....assuming it is wired in, what is it. Looks to me like it might be a 78 and newer fuel pump relay but why? It wasn't used until after August of 77. Need better pics of it's wiring and how it's connected.

Pic #2....don't like your choice of links(?) You need to install the correct ones like has been suggested before. It's only going to save what ever has not already been destroyed.

Pic #3....kind of dark but it seems there are only 2 wires from the black connector?...if so it's wrong.

Pic #4....shows no voltage regulator which tells me the PO attempted or completed an internal regulated alternator upgrade.

Pic #5....can't really tell what alternator it is.

Pic #6....???

Too many things wrong. If it were me I would put it all back original and go from there. Will take some patients for sure but with the FSM and wiring diagram it will make it easier. Too bad you couldn't contact the PO for some info. I hope other members could shed some light on pic 1. It would seem to me that there was a problem with the fuel pump relay (pic 3) and for some reason the PO tried wiring in a 78 fuel pump relay instead of fixing the problem. Just a guess. I'm no expert for sure but I know this is wrong. BTW, Motorsportauto has the correct fusible links for the 77 and they are cheaper than the ones on ebay.

Pic 1, was the ONLY relay on the inside (side) of that little shelf thing, i just didnt screw it back in.

Pic 2, the fusible link was there in place to determine it works, and that link set up works fine until I get the actual link for it in the mail.

Pic 3, No it has more than that, you just cant see the, in the pic.

Pic 4, the relay on the OTHER side of the little shelf thing.

Pic 5, not a clue.

Pic 6, thats the BIG shiny relay box BEHIND the little shelf pretty much almost inside the fender.

Did not see them on MSA btw.

All I know is the pump gets no juice. With two wires from each terminal of the batt it runs loud as hell!

Any light to be shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Debated a switch to turn the pump on and off but i prefer it to run by itself

Ok, in pic #1 can you see a part number on the relay? Clean it up if you need to so you can see it then google it and see what it's for exactly. I wish you would take the pics I asked you for of that relay and how its wired in including a better pic of that "BIG shiny relay box" in pic 6. Pic 6 is too dark to see anything. You could also look up the part number that one too.