$1,000 reward for this rim !!!!!

WingZr0

OK, I'm placing a $1,000 REWARD on this rim

post-13541-14150818209555_thumb.jpg

NOT this rim

post-13541-14150818209763_thumb.jpg

but THIS RIM RIGHT HERE

post-13541-14150818209555_thumb.jpg

See the difference? I need the one with the Slant lip or Deep Dish Lip. What kind of lip is this called btw?

The rim for as a heard is an American Racing wheel model called GT MAG according to an old brochure that was read to me.

I really would like to have this rim please and can't find it anywhere but on the car Fun_In_My_Z sold

Anyone with any leads please call me Day or Night at 530-701-1244

Thyanx ~Z~

and more info on them can be found here

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?37221-Per-Spec-mag-16x7-group-buy-idea!&p=393626#post393626

and

http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheZGang/

Edited by WingZr0

I had a set on my 914 when I bought it. They were called Western Wheels IIRC. The dealership pulled off the factory alloy wheels and put on aftermarket alloy wheels so they could upcharge the original buyer. Then, they sold the factory wheel out of their parts department.

those look very nice, my car came with a set of the narrower wheels that you do not want. Still good looking wheels. Do you know what's the width of the ones you are looking for? Seems like they are running 195/75/14, not much different from my 195/70s. Good luck

Have you contacted FIMZ? He might be able to get you in touch with the folks that bought the car so that you could make a deal with them... just a thought.

Yeah i wrote him on inbox, waiting to hear back from him :( .

Tried to buy them before but didn't specify a price. He went back to the

new owner and he said the guy said no.

I'm hoping a grand will get him to budge.

The one one my Z are 14x7 while most I guess are 14x6.

The ones on the photo above are by American Racing and according to the vintage 1970's

catalog i was read to came in 3 sizes, 15x7 15x6 and i wanna say the other one was a 14 something.

The ones I like are 15x7.

Really i'll take only one in hopes of finding the other 3 down the road.

Don't understand why is this rim so RARE for being an American Racing wheel.

No really, WHY?? re are the other wheel warehouse are vintage collectors who might have them??

Edited by WingZr0

Don't understand why is this rim so RARE for being an American Racing wheel.
Speaking as someone who sold custom wheels in the late '70s, I can say without doubt that they are rare today because they weren't very popular at all back in the day. Most people didn't care for them, and so not many were sold compared to the other styles of the day.

Speaking as someone who sold custom wheels in the late '70s, I can say without doubt that they are rare today because they weren't very popular at all back in the day. Most people didn't care for them, and so not many were sold compared to the other styles of the day.

Man. Called American Racing too, or rather wat ever "vender" i could get hold to, and they helped nothing.

Guess they didn't like it either LOL

Are there any good places Arne or someone who like stashing rims u might be able to reference me too?

Ive been looking for those for you and have only come up with these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Dan-Gurney-Aluminium-Wheels-Rims-Porsche-914-VW-15-4-x-130-mm-/200734650092?hash=item2ebcb7aeec&item=200734650092&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Im still looking though; this is fairly tough. I havent come across one single deep dish set only the standard ones.

Oh and what does your center cap say on the 3 other rims. it may help me narrow it down

Edited by Darkwolf

Hi Bro and Thyanku for your help. These actually belonged to member Fun_In_My_Z and the all said American Racing as far as i know. I've been looking for old American Racing brochures and no luck finding any of those brochures either.

If i just had One deep dish wheel i can copy it. I'd even pay to just borrow a wheel to do it. And why don't AR have a actual phone number to call? Their site just says call a local vendor! Geesh, how argrovatin when u got a question about "Thier" product. smh. Sigh ok, enough complaining for me LOL:)

If you guys could please repost this to other forums I'd appreciate it. I'm tired of looking and seriously have a BOUNTY out on this rim LOL:D

Edited by WingZr0