IGNORED

Z cars at the Concours

motorman7

15 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Car looks great on the lawn!  Out of interest, what was the entry fee at Neillo Concours which I assume was a charity event?

Coming in 2nd to Simon Templar's car is an accomplishment by its self.....

Thanks for representing the marque so well.

The entry fee was only $80, which included car, owner, and co-pilot, and breakfast and lunch (with wine/beer) in the Entrant's Pavilion.  But tickets for spectators were $55 at the door, or $45 if purchased at any of the Neillo (sponsoring dealership group) dealers around Sacramento.  Those spectator prices scared away all of my relatives who might have come by.

There were no charities involved, so I'm surprised at the high spectator prices. 

I was somewhat disappointed that there were no Triumphs or MGs at this show.  Maybe another event for them that weekend.  I did see a couple of classic MGs coming down Highway 50 from Lake Tahoe the next day, so maybe there was something there, or in Reno. 

In any event, it was a lot of fun talking with Z fans at a show where Bentley and Porsche were the featured Marques. 

Edited by jayhawk