IGNORED

Oil pressure bypass

mbarjbar

I want to take my S30 block to the machine shop for some work. But I am worried about the oil pressure bypass valve. Some shops in California do not hot tank to clean, they bake the block at very high temp.

Should I remove the valve and replace with new or will it survive a hot tanking or a baking? It looks like it would be destroyed by prying it out of the block.

Also, what is the best way to clean the carbon off the tops of the pistons?

One more. I am removing the oil gallery plugs. Are the replacements called Dowels? That is all I see listed at Zsource and Motorsports.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by mbarjbar

I just had my N42 hot tanked and I've never read anything about a oil pressure valve. But that doesn't mean too much. I used a 5 gallon bucket with about 1" of lacquer thinner in it. All 6 pistons fit perfect, face down, so I let them soak overnight and then scrubbed them with a ScotchBrite pad. Worked great. Stored them in another 5 gal. bucket with a good soaking of WD-40 then put the lid on.

Edited by siteunseen