IGNORED

Datsun brand in 2014

GreenZZZ

NISSAN denied this as official announcement.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.j-cast.com%2F2012%2F03%2F02124175.html

I goes to India 3,4 times a year. I see Suzuki, Honda, Toyota, but only few of Nissan's car.

In Russia, Mitsubishi is the big name over Honda, Nissan.

I haven't heard Nissan is planning to build cars in India nor Russia to expand their market share.

It's ironic that you posted this article. I was thinking about the Nissan USA 240Z restoration program from the late 90's and wondered if Nissan would ever re-introduce the 240Z like GM brought back the Camaro and Challenger. Of course the "reinvented" 240Z would be a much different car in terms of mechanics and weight, but it could retain the same body and interior styling from the 70's. The 370ZX has morphed into a vehicle that doesn't really resemble the Z line anymore, and I'd like to see the classic 70's look make a come back!

Robert S.

I think the 370 is the closest they have come to the 240 since the 280, side by side they share a bunch of lines and contours. I've been looking for one for about a year now at the mid atlantic auctions with no luck yet. The Z of old couldn't be made to pass regulatory mustard, and frankly, no one would buy one.

Also, Datsun was famous for the entry level car market in the 70's. Can you remember the B210?

Edited by 5thhorsemann

It's ironic that you posted this article. I was thinking about the Nissan USA 240Z restoration program from the late 90's and wondered if Nissan would ever re-introduce the 240Z like GM brought back the Camaro and Challenger. Of course the "reinvented" 240Z would be a much different car in terms of mechanics and weight, but it could retain the same body and interior styling from the 70's. The 370ZX has morphed into a vehicle that doesn't really resemble the Z line anymore, and I'd like to see the classic 70's look make a come back!

Robert S.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Datsun/Nissan to revive the 240Z. Your best bet is to get on a waiting list for a Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ. That's what I did (BRZ).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51613[/ATTACH]

Did the Bmmer beat them to it?

Nope. The Z4 Coupe is too expensive (40K), too heavy (3100+). The M version is more in the wrong direction.

Remember, the 240Z was all about an affordable, lightweight sports car. The Z4 is neither. The FT-86 is both.

Agreed, I test drove a Z4 before buying my old 350Z. The Z4 is not a fun car to drive when compared to a real sports car, it felt like I was continuously trying to keep the car from getting into trouble where the 350 was relaxed and keeping me out of that same trouble with it's superior handeling and performance. I can't wait to get into a 370, aside from the new transmission, it drives like the 350.

Datsun? What is this that you speak of?

I hope they don't water down the name. I like the name having a bit of mistique to it....

Me too. I don't know whether it's true, and I'm sure I will be corrected by somebody on this, but the badge "Datsun" was supposedly used to avoid embarrassment to the Nissan Corp., should the line of automobiles become a complete flop. Is this happening all over again with this budget line of cars for emerging markets? :disappoin