IGNORED

Dim Driver's side headlight

nightfur

Hi,

My driver's side headlight is dim from time to time, causing the warning light to illuminate "headlight". I've taken it to a couple of mechanics who say it is a faulty switch. I've swapped out the switch only to find them faulty as well. Does anyone know if cleaning the contacts can fix this issue? Have any of you experienced this problem? New switches are over $400 dollars so I'm hoping to find a way to fix this.

You're certainly not going to hurt anything by cleaning the contacts and connectors, so you might as well try it. Also check the fuses, but don't just peek in there and look at them...pull them out, clean those contacts, and verify (or just change) the fuses.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old posts but I am experiencing this issue.

Where are the grounds for the headlights located?

I've found the main one from the combo switch going throughout the firewall and bolting to the inner wall, but where are the others located and how many are there?

Thanks.

Listen up all!! One of the best things you can do for your Z is to remove your fuse box periodically, strip all the fuses and give that bad boy a 10 minute bath in vinegar. After bathing, rinse in clean water, blow the water out or let it air dry. Reinstall and load with fresh fuses and I guarantee your electrical gremlins will be greatly reduced. All that oxidation on the contacts will be gone gone away. This has been the tour du force on the 510 side of things for years. Second thing 510 fathers teach their kids after the tying the shoes lesson has been completed.