IGNORED

Just saying hello!

Zguy91

Hey guys hows it going? I just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Austin, I'm 20 years old and attend the University of Alabama. Originally from Huntsville, AL. I'm new to Classic Zcar Club but definitely not to the Z community. I mostly have done my researching and posting on HybridZ but I have recently acquired a 71 240Z that I am restoring and thought this would be a more appropriate community for an all original early Z. The car is a 6/71 build date bought 8/71 by Dr. David A Justice in Heflin, AL. I got the car about a month ago from him so the car was in Heflin for 41 years and is now in Tuscaloosa. It has the typical battery tray rust but other than that it is 100% solid and straight bodied. 905 red with black interior.

I have had a 72 240z, 74 260z, early 74 260z 2+2, 83 280zx Turbo, 87 300zx, and currently have a 71 240z, 76 280z with a small block and a 78 280z parts car. (let me know if you need any parts)

welcome, Pics?

Hey, since you mentioned parts can you spare a set of headlight pigtails and there respective connectors, The round three pin ones (280z). I am having Dave build me a headlight harness. I have some odds and ends I could trade

Edited by grantf

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0178.jpgIMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0188.jpgIMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Thought the warranty card was pretty cool. Also have the original maintenance booklet, owners manual, and a booklet with a list of all the Datsun dealerships in the US in 71. Pretty cool license plate too. I plan to restore it probably not all original but to showroom condition. Probably refinish the Libre's and keep them on it. The Grant steering wheel hub adapter and shift knob all up for grabs :P

Edited by Zguy91

It is a great base. When I first got my 280z it was in much worse shape, besides the fresh v8 swap. I already got a original faux wood steering wheel and restored it last weekend. Its boxed up for now until the interior is done. Dont want it getting messed up.