IGNORED

Rubber cap on rear of headlight bulb?

KAL7467

When I broke my car down there was a rubber cap on the rear of one of my headlight bulbs but not the other. It was between the plug and the light with the 3 prongs going through it to form a nice seal and protect the prongs from water. I can not find one of these at any auto parts store or at MSA or Black Dragon. I know other cars use these so I don't think it is a Z specific part but could someone steer me in the right direction?

I wasn't able to find one with a quick search, but you might look at motorcycle parts as a potential source.

Edit: Upon further review, changing my search to headlight rubber uncovered this item on eBay. It's a Datsun part, too. Try searching for the part number and see if Courtesy or NissanPartsCC might have it.

Edited by SteveJ

The P/N is 26029-E4600 (courtesy of the online parts manual: http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsunS30/DatsunZIndex/Electrical/HeadLamp/tabid/1677/Default.aspx

A check of Courtesy Nissan's site shows it to be NLA. Other than a chance find on eBay, your best bet may be a parts car at a nearby wrecking yard. Your assumption it may not be unique to a Z is probably right so include other vintage Nissan and Toyota vehicles, including trucks.

Good luck and glad to see you are keeping that Series 1 going! How about some additional pics in your garage?

Jim

by h4 you mean the newer non sealed ones correct? I bought some high output sealed headlights(wanted to stay with the original look even though I bet the h4's are much better) and my new bulbs did not come with the rubber pieces. perhaps I should take a ride to summit racing, they seem to have everything and anything