MSA air conditioning kit opinions - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

MSA air conditioning kit opinions

Featured Replies

I'm thinking of installing the MSA air conditioning kit into my '77 S30. Anyone here who has installed one willing to share their experiences?

I have the MSA A/C on my '71. It was installed a couple years ago to replace the older unit I had installed in '72. My mechanic did the installation, so I can't provide "hands on" installation advice. He did, however, say it was straight forward and installed with no surprises. It's a much more compact look under the hood - especially after removing the previous York compressor. It cools well in desert heat.

Dennis

  • Author

Thanks Dennis. Any idea how long the installation took?

I installed a similar unit myself. Very straight forward installation. I believe it took me about a day of leisurely wrenching including evacuation and charging.

From what I understand, the company that makes the AC units for Motorsport is in the process of moving to a new building and aren't presently making the units.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks Steve, that's what I was hoping for. When I bought this car I removed the "dead" aftermarket system and it didn't seem too complicated.

  • Author

Thats what I heard too. MSA thinks they're supposed to be shipping again in March.

  • 4 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.