IGNORED

Best way to remove front timing cover?

Milenko2121

Removing the timing cover is pretty straight forward, what you want to do is try not to damage the head gasket that will be left after you get the cover off. If you are not careful it will be leak oil. Also the front face of the block has to be absulutely clean or you will have even more leaks, water and oil.

Removing the timing cover is pretty straight forward, what you want to do is try not to damage the head gasket that will be left after you get the cover off. If you are not careful it will be leak oil. Also the front face of the block has to be absulutely clean or you will have even more leaks, water and oil.

well, i was just wondering if there were any tips mostly.

right now i got the radiator off, and i'm trying to get the distributor out, but it appears to be stuck so i'm going to have to work at it.

other than that, i'm unbolting the sway bar so I can get my oil pump out, and then I'll be dropping the oil pan after I get the crank bolt out.

Tip wise, about the only thing I can add is don't forget the two small 6mm bolts that go vertically into the front cover through the two tabs at the front of the head. The one by the fuel pump is pretty obvious but its friend by the dizzy is hiding pretty good, especially if its caked with gunk. And don't forget to put them back in.

• 1 year later...
Tip wise, about the only thing I can add is don't forget the two small 6mm bolts that go vertically into the front cover through the two tabs at the front of the head. The one by the fuel pump is pretty obvious but its friend by the dizzy is hiding pretty good, especially if its caked with gunk. And don't forget to put them back in.

i dont suppose someone has pictures of these hiding ninja bolts?