IGNORED

240z Gas Caps are Outrageous! Locking?

venus

I think the fact that you have to worry about the neighbors screwing with your stuff is more of an issue than the car living outside. My neighbors and I watch each others backs like hawks, if anything happens at the ranch while I'm not around my phone will be ringing off the preverbal hook. Likewise, if I see something strange going on in the hood, I put my boots on and go check it out. Must be in an apartment complex where everyone "minds their own business" a pity really.

Wait , I'll add the next line .... shouldn't cost more than 3 dollars , and he'll do it right away......

I could do away with the '' gives a damn '' idea too - as a locksmith , I find that this trade gets

more goofballs stuck in the '70's phoning at ALL hours , lookin' for a deal to '' refresh the mechanisms ''

of my '70's locking gas caps or whatever . Please don't take it to an ''old time locksmith '' .

He'd rather not see or hear about it , trust me .

I have had to use locksmiths on more than one occassion. No offence to you but I had one that changed out my car lock tumblers to one key when the ignition, doors and hatch all were different. I figured if he could do that a gas cap would be a piece of cake. $3 that would be a deal but I suspect you would have to pay more.

Great news for those who love locking gas caps: I have 10 plus caps brand new in the plastic with keys. I will sell them for $25 per cap plus a modest shipping cost. The shipping will be cheap because I will use an envelope. Fire me a PM if you want one. All I need is your address and you can send me a check or cash, if you perfer PayPal I will ask for $30 plus shipping. Paypal fees tick me off.

Great news for those who love locking gas caps: I have 10 plus caps brand new in the plastic with keys. I will sell them for $25 per cap plus a modest shipping cost. The shipping will be cheap because I will use an envelope. Fire me a PM if you want one. All I need is your address and you can send me a check or cash, if you perfer PayPal I will ask for $30 plus shipping. Paypal fees tick me off.

Cool! Could you post a pic of a cap for a 240? Thanks for all your suggestions.

And yes, unfortunately I must keep the Z outside. Wish I could keep them all inside for sure as the weather is taking its toll.

I think the fact that you have to worry about the neighbors screwing with your stuff is more of an issue than the car living outside. My neighbors and I watch each others backs like hawks, if anything happens at the ranch while I'm not around my phone will be ringing off the preverbal hook. Likewise, if I see something strange going on in the hood, I put my boots on and go check it out. Must be in an apartment complex where everyone "minds their own business" a pity really.

I live in a small hood w/ mostly good neighbors but a few bad apples. I just had my mailbox bashed a couple months ago for no good reason. I haven't knowingly ticked anyone off but feel I need to take precautions & do simple things to keep my cars safe.