IGNORED

The Value of a 72 510

CW240Z

Came across this today, in my own back yard; two imported SSS cars for sale from Bring A Trailer:

1969 and 1970 Datsun SSS Bluebird Coupes

This seller has two white Datsun SSS Bluebird coupes on offer out of a claimed 30 total in the USA. He links to build threads on both cars over on the Ratsun forum. Find them here on Craigslist outside Sacramento, California for $18k and $20k.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2661917093.html

Chase,

I had a 72 4-door 510 Automatic which I sold back in 2005. It was one of the biggest car mistakes I ever made! It was mostly stock. I bought it for $1000 in 2001.

They are pretty easy to work on although parts aren't as available as they are for Z's.

I'd be hard pressed to give you an estimate about the value. Basically it comes down to what you and the seller thinks it's worth. The one you have pictured is a nice vehicle that I would estimate would go for anywhere from $2000.

I used to subscribe to the newsletter 510Again (now defunct) and The Dime Quarterly (also online). Check out the Dime Quarterly online. Some of the guys have done absolutely beautiful work on the their 510's.

I would recommend getting one. They are really fun! Even stock but change the seats!

Good Luck!

Every time I look into these cars I want one more and more. That one listed locally by me sold almost instantly, but I did meet a guy who races them in autocross and scca meets. He has a few ex-racer 510 shells that might be for sale soon. Maybe Ill go that path and make a semi-built, semi-street 510.

Chase