IGNORED

C210 Convertible burnout

240kconvertible

Thats totally untrue, we have burnout pits here in the states as well, although I will admit I have never been in one. I learned my lesson with burnouts early on when I spent an entire weekend cleaning burnt rubber off of my newly painted 1968 340 Dart GT. All I'm saying is that it's easy to get a car to roast a set of tires clean off the rim, the hard part is getting the car to grab, and hold the pavement. If you want to do spectacular, smoke the county out, mind blowing burnouts, get a windshield washer pump and hook it up to spray bleach water directly on the rear tires. You dont need line locks, or even a really powerful motor, the car will just sit there and fry the tires down to the rim. Again, whats the point?

the point I was trying to make is some people like burn outs and drags others like circuits and there is not need to dis someone enjoying what they want to. Personally it would be a rare occasion if you saw any of my cars doing burnouts or on the drag strip but that doesn't mean I'm going to hate on others for doing something I wouldn't do. /rant

Impressive. OK, not really, we aren't talking about get ready to drag race and hook up the hot rubber, we are watching a guy simply burn tires off his car. Cool way to exit a wedding though.

Let me ask you a question Ovenfood....................Would you take those two beauties to a burnout comp, rather than a race track?

No given the choice the only time I would take my own cars to a burn out comp would be to get rid of errols rubber for him. I am addicted to corners so I do set my cars up to grip and handle, having said that I don't shy away from sliding or "drifting" through corners.

But again as I said there isn't any need to say stuff like that. There are many people in Australia/New Zealand who build burnout cars so I would say that it is a legitimate spectator sport.

Some people like it all:classic:

I have spent a lot of money getting my convertible to handle and stop better with thousands of $'s spent on engineering multi link irs, rack & pinion steering and GT-R brakes but I will also be smoking my tryes all the time, hence the line locker. I have also spent thousands racing cars at the Nurburgring, Spa and Silverstone but would still get a thrill smoking tyres in a back alley somewhere.

I like rotary's and V8's, I like turbo 4's, I like European, Jap and American cars.

I think people who only like Ford or GM/Holden or track racing vs drag racing vs drifting are totally missing out on lots of other fun. I ask you all would you only like one nationality of woman or would you like them all?

I have a neighbor that has a racing lawnmower, I kid you not, it goes like 60 MPH. I built a gocart post-22854-14150816725349_thumb.jpg I see the crowd appeal, I see the novelty, I just don't see the challenge, for lack of a better term, in building a tire shreader. It's not that I'm getting too old, I'm as juvinial as the next 7th grader (at the ripe old age of 46) I don't want to come off as a butt head, but really, it seems ELEMENTRARY to put all that good power to waste. After all, he could be going fast through the twisties and pleasing himself, as apposed to doing doughnuts for the thrill of others. Yes or no?

post-22854-14150816723854_thumb.jpg

post-22854-14150816724614_thumb.jpg

it seems ELEMENTRARY to put all that good power to waste. After all, he could be going fast through the twisties and pleasing himself, as apposed to doing doughnuts for the thrill of others. Yes or no?

No.

The point (which you seem unable to understand) is that you can do both and it's still fun. There is no reason why a car with great handling and traction cannot smoke the tyres once in a while.

What I see no point in is why you keep asking the same question and making people keep explaining it to you time and time again! It's like your on a mission to get us to agree with you which isn't going to happen as we are obviously a lot more opened minded about cars than you are.

The big assumption that you have made is that the car was just built as a tyre shredder, there are plenty of cars out there that have been built for handling, traction and braking that will still do time on the burnout pad or smoke them to to use up a little bit of rubber before the tyres are replaced. End of Story!!