Need Ideas for 75mm centre caps for these wheels - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need Ideas for 75mm centre caps for these wheels

Featured Replies

The original 75mm spun aluminum "cup" center caps are long in the tooth.... like that cracked tire.

Any suggestions for a nice centre cap to make the wheel look nicer?

The hole dia is 2.97" / 75mm.

attachment.php?attachmentid=48654&d=1318289939

attachment.php?attachmentid=48655&d=1318290378

post-7641-14150816522978_thumb.jpg

post-7641-141508165235_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blue

Did you look at MSA? They have a few.

I assume they slide in from the back, retained by a tapered flange?

  • Author
I assume they slide in from the back, retained by a tapered flange?

Yes sir. You are 100% correct! They look like tin cups.... if I only had 4 begging monkeys.

Dang you made me think!!!! Hmmmm maybe I can get 4 stainless steel cups from a camping supply or dollar store? I better bring my dial gauge with me next time I go shopping.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2v1JDLZeh69mdoYwkfapnyRQc11aakmaVN_xdqa7bvFMNr93k

Edited by Blue

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

OK, let me ponder this a bit.

Okay, I thought that the 3 3/16 ones tapered down to 75mm to fit in the hole on the front side.

  • Author
Okay, I thought that the 3 3/16 ones tapered down to 75mm to fit in the hole on the front side.

I am hoping but not sure. The msa web site says to measure to the "32nd" of an inch.

FWIW, based on the spun aluminum caps, I'll take a WAG and say that those wheels were probably made in England. Just a guess...

I don't drink much bourbon or scotch, and I typically brew my own beer, but if we ever end up on the same side of the continent I'm sure we can come up with something.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.