IGNORED

What do you guys think of this car?

oskidunker1

Just because the odo reads 22,500 doesn't mean that the car doesn't have 122,500 or any other interval of 100,000. I highly doubt that someone would pull the engine, transmission and have to repaint a vehicle with only 22,500 miles. If the seller is willing to lie about that, what else are they holding back.

Purchase Arne's car. The history of that 240 is well documented right here.

Its about 10 miles from me so I may go look at it just for fun.Not my favorite color and probably no A/C but it looks pretty good.Can anyone tell me if this is an original Datsun Paint?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2634291689.html

I re-read the original post, and think I can add a couple of thoughts that are totally generic, not about any particular car.

A.) A/C is not at all common on 240Zs, and working A/C is quite rare. And even when working, the old A/C systems were not all that great. I'd figure that most won't have it at all. If you find one that does (and it works), consider it a plus. But don't eliminate a nice 240Z from consideration due to lack of A/C, because most will lack it.

B.) When looking for a ready-to-drive 240Z, overall condition trumps color every time. There aren't enough nice, non-rusted cars left to be picky about the color. I really wanted yellow (919, not Lime) or blue. I got 905 red. A nice 240Z is nice in any color. If you really want a particular color, you often have to restore the car yourself.

Edited by Arne

Some of the engine specs don't jive: you cant punch a 260 block (same as a 240) to 2.9 liters. It's just not possible. The car sits too high in the back: wrong springs or strut tops? Rear window is wrong. Tons of little things need to be fixed and with the description of the engine I would be highly suspect.

Edited by 30 Ounce

The more opinions I hear about this car the more I wonder.. If you read the description it says that it was owned by a mechanic who worked on TONS of Z's, this car seems like it could very possibly have been put together with spare parts from any number of other Z's no?

MUST....BITE....TONGUE..... :tapemouth

I downloaded all the pictures to my laptop so that I could look at them a bit closer. (The downloaded versions aren't distorted in height/width, much easier to look at.) And at the risk of seeming biased and self-promoting, if that is a $12k 240Z, I need to raise the price on mine.

Edited by Arne

If I could afford a Z like that... I would rather buy Arne's. His we know his Z is built with the highest of quality because it is documented on his blog and the site and anything that might need work on, he has disclosed so that you are not buying it without knowing its full story. Plus his is an earlier Z if that makes a difference.