IGNORED

the journey of my fairlady.....

Just to give you an idea of non standard stuff i'm fitting.

Vintage Japanese racing seats. Look fantastic in the flesh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48455[/ATTACH]

Central z 20 wheels 14 x 7" (centre caps still need refurbing). Off road use (fitting historic dunlop tyres no DOT stamp so track use only)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48456[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48458[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48464[/ATTACH]

Kobe Seiko Maglloy 14 x 6" (will post refurbed pics when back next week)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48467[/ATTACH]

tokico 5 way shocks/springs (which i'll paint from red to[ATTACH=CONFIG]48468[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48469[/ATTACH] black) with upgraded brakes.

with hindsight i'd have preferred more period MK63 brakes with vented discs.

You have collected some really nice pieces there. Are those Kobe Seiko wheels real Works wheels or aftermarket? I love the look of those.

Marty

Marty,

My wheels are purely aftermarket of around that period.

The works wheels I think were only in 14 x 7 and can be recognised in design with cut outs in the spoke area.

There was a run of the works style wheel in magnesium here in the u.k which ian (on the post above yours) has on his car. Sadly currently no longer available.

Marty,

My wheels are purely aftermarket of around that period.

The works wheels I think were only in 14 x 7 and can be recognised in design with cut outs in the spoke area.

There was a run of the works style wheel in magnesium here in the u.k which ian (on the post above yours) has on his car. Sadly currently no longer available.

Thanks for the reply. I would love to have a set of those, but in 15x7. You just can't get any really good tires to fit 14x7 wheels over here any longer.

Keeps up the godd work. Your car will be very special when you are finished.

Rahail, Marty,

This may help....

From left, a Kobe Seiko Z432 wheel, a Kobe Seiko Maglloy wheel, and copy (15") of the wheels from the Works cars. When you start looking, the overall design at a quick glance are the same, but when you look closer, they differ greatly.

post-6856-14150816670313_thumb.jpg

Rahail, Marty,

This may help....

From left, a Kobe Seiko Z432 wheel, a Kobe Seiko Maglloy wheel, and copy (15") of the wheels from the Works cars. When you start looking, the overall design at a quick glance are the same, but when you look closer, they differ greatly.

Yes, I can see what you mean. Unless you are looking for exacting duplicates of the Works wheel, they are all beautiful.

• 6 months later...

Hi Rahail,

Just come across this thread, what fantastic reading and an incredible collection of such rare parts. Where are you now with regards to the build, did you use the gearbox, are we likely to see the car on the road soon?

How come you chose to write on here rather than on the UK Zc Club site, no forget that I think I know....:D

Hi jk240,

Thanks for the kind words.

Simple reason for the thread here rather than uk is the fact that not many people seem bothered about anything zed related if it's not uk derived.

In fact I sometimes feel that most uk owners think that their datsun was built in Sunderland with the other Nissan models.

And the forums are more constructive and appreciated by members on this site.

Just a bit more civilised.

We're not far from each other so hope to see you soon.

Ironically I was just reading an old classic car magazine today with a lovely article on your car when Gwyn jones owned it.

So glad you changed the front spoiler from what he had.

What was he thinking LOL !!!

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Side tracked with other things.

I'm now keeping the special bits to one side for another project and hope to have my white car back from france sometime next month.

It will be finished to total factory euro spec now.

L24 ,steel wheels etc etc.

Reason??

All my bits pointed towards a more racey project geared towards a z432 look.

Maybe a stripped out z432-r Suzuka 1000km tribute project.

Nothing comparable to Alan's (hs-30) z432-r replica (thats just diffrent class) but possibly using the o.e color scheme 918 orange matt hood and some light weight panels etc.

I will post pics up when my white zed arrives.

I felt a bit embarrassed after a lot hype with my posts on this build.

But that's the choice I've made.

Right or wrong, time will tell.