IGNORED

Diff drain and fill plugs.

240ZGL

Well I tried everything I could think of to get the diff plugs out to do a gear oil change. The drain would go with a 1/2" breaker bar but the fill plug was not going to budge.

Today I stopped off and picked up a long 17 mm combo wrench at Sears and got home. Then while the diff was still hot I threw the rear end up on some jack stands and put the new wrench to work. With the rear end hot the plug took one good jolt and it was loose. So there is another trick to getting that darn plug loose. Just run it till it's nice and hot. Works great. :D

you may be able to use gravity and geometry:

lift car

connect a pipe/wrench/bar so that one end is on the plug and the other on the ground in such a way that lowering the car turns the tool

lower the car

you can also use a block or jack stand to drop the tool handle on to if the ground is too far away

I broke a 17mm wrench trying to get my new transmission fill plug off.. i snapped it right in half with a 3 foot pole on the end for leverage... I wish i had a torch at the time.

Needless to say, we gave up and just flipped the trans upside down, filled it through the drain hole and then kept it level during installation