IGNORED

260Z with fresh paint!

Rainman

Capt Obv.. The guy in the front looks like I feel when lifting the front by myself all right.. The guy in the blue shirt doesn't appear to be exerting himself at all so am not sure this is accurate. Yes, it can be done but only for about three or four steps (I am a bit of a wuss). Another guy and I held the back of the car (without moving) for 30-40 seconds while another guy positioned some sawhorses under it.. That was plenty for me.. Refer to my statement of wuss-dom in the previous sentence!!

Another guy and I held the back of the car (without moving) for 30-40 seconds while another guy positioned some sawhorses under it..

Thanks again for the info. There was a time when I could lift that, and I might still be able to, but the risks are too great...:stupid:

BTW, I checked out your pic acct. Great stuff there! Thanks for sharing!

I was under my Z a little this afternoon. I thought of you and how nice my Z COULD look.

Thanks Capt. I've got to leave for work and will be gone for the rest of the month so my Z will sit in the garage for a few weeks before I can start putting it back together... Once I'm home next month, it should go back together in short order.. I'll continue to update the photobucket account as I go so keep checking back!!

Thanks for the comments everyone... I'll keep you posted!

Great pic's on photobucket! Really a detailed rebuild - what are you going to do with the engine and carbs - you gotta think about Mikuni's - they are a total blast - tons of HP and torque! It's a total thrill everytime I start my car up to drive it. Still got my Hitachi's but doubt they will ever go back on my car. If you are looking to pull some addtional HP out of your head talk to Rebello's!!

Hey Mitchell, glad you liked the photobucket pics. Concerning the engine, it's been handled already. I've got a 3.1L Rebello stroker with (you guessed it) triple Mikuni's.. The engine was in the car before I tore it down and put it on the rotisserie, so it was in some of the early photos. You're right, it is a complete thrill.. The engine is a blast, makes a bit more than 275 HP so the car really goes.. Can't wait to put it back together and drive it again! I'll be posting photos on the photobucket account as I continue along this path so keep checking back.

To be continued...