IGNORED

reverse noisy

sdelage

When i put the car in the reverse it doenst shift smoothly,the gear make a crackeling sound i am able to shift all other gear with no problem.Do i need to adjust the clutch??any one who as had the same problem please let me know ,it will be great.

Thank you

sergio

Thank you both for your reply

I will try this weekend and let you know,it was fine until i had my oil pan and the clutch cylinder got changed, also to do the job the gears box was removed, but not opened, could that be a factor also???

regards

serge

Just pulling the transmission for the other services would have no affect unless the persons doing so did one of the following mentioned below (that assumes there was no problem before that service). As noted, there is no syncro on reverse. These gears usually get chewed up by impatient drivers that force the transmission into reverse while the vehicle is rolling forward or somehow miss a downshift from fifth to fourth and find reverse by mistake. I've had to replace these gears in every gearbox rebuild except for one unit. It won't affect operation unless a bit of gear tooth manages to get into any of the other gears causing crashing of metal.

Edited by ezzzzzzz

it was fine until ..........the clutch cylinder got changed,

You might need to bleed the system a little better or adjust the pedal linkage to get more travel in the master cylinder. Were both cylinders changed or just the slave cylinder?

Thank you both,for your quick responses only the Slave cylinder was changed by a Nissan mecanic,and on the bill it say that brake oil was used...Dont know what oil it should have used if it make a difference.Let me know????

Regards

Serge