New to site - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New to site

Featured Replies

Hi

My name is Joe, and I am from Tucson, AZ. I am new to this site, and I am impressed. There is plenty of activity, and many informative posts here. I have had my '72 Z since new. It had been stored for a few years when I decided to pull the engine and go over it and get it on the road. It has 120K miles on it. As I worked under the car, I noticed a rust hole in the passenger side floor panel. That was the start of a 2 year restoration project that is getting close to finish line. The engine is in a shop, but most of the body, undercarriage, and interior are done. I hope to be driving it in a few months. Now I am checking out collector insurance. I see that Hagerty gets raves. I have a quote from American Collector which looks good. I haven't found much information on American Collector yet, though. Any thoughts on insurance would be appreciated.

Hagerty, grundy's and american collector. There are a lot of others, but those seem to be the most used.

Grundy's has unlimited miles, but obviously those miles can't be used for a daily driver.

I've had American Collector for years with coverage on several cars. If you can live with the driving limitations, the rates are good and the one claim I had was handled without drama.

Dennis

welcome aboard. post some pics when u get time.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Welcome to the site - I'm a Hagerty member. Just make sure your agreed value is set where you want it to cover any potential loss.

Joe,

Hagerty is good because you can establish the actual value of the car and insure it for that. A commercial carrier will go from "book values" and you could end up taking it in the shorts if you suffer a loss. On the other hand, I would suggest talking with the carrier you use for your other cars and house. I found that my carrier, State Farm, would provide coverage for my 79 280ZX at a replacement value that I suggested. I do have all my vehicles and two houses insured with them and I've been with State Farm for nearly 50 years so they may have given me some slack. The coverage is less cost than Hagerty.

I use Hagerty for my '73, which I've owned since new.

I've used Hagerty for all my Classic, Collectible and Special Interest cars for about 30 years now - would not think of changing.

The Hagerty was the first Classic Car Insurer that would even issue an Agreed Value policy on Datsun 240Z's. I made arrangements with them to insure the Original Owners of Datsun 240Z's back in the late 80's. At that point I think we had about 10 people on the Original Owners Register.

Today Hagerty insures most of our Z Car Original Owners Register - 240Z's. Now some 175 of us. Plus about 500 other Datsun Z & ZX owners.

Z Car Original Owners Register

http://www.zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/original.htm

FWIW,

Carl B.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.