IGNORED

fasteners for trim panels

desertmonkey

MSA has them. Bit pricey. The center pin is 1/8 in diameter, hobby stores have plastic stock.

I'm a fan of replacing them once and for all with insert nuts and 8-32 machine screws. Mcmaster Carr has black ones with big heads. Cuts down on squeeks and never lose those rotten pins again!

Darom, no stock number, I get them from a place that just sells all types of automotive fasteners, I got like 50 from them for $18. The head is slightly bigger and are about 3/16" longer than the stock Z type.

Mjr45, if it is not too much trouble, can you post a picture of the Ford fastener with maybe outside diameter and height measurements in mm? I will visit my local upholstery shop and try to locate these. I am using sheet metal screws now to hold my panels (painted black).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Darom, I'll get some pics and dimensions as soon as I get some more, I seem to have misplaced a whole bag them someplace in all my loose parts. I'll probably find them as soon as I don't need them!