IGNORED

Door Weatherstrip Installation

StephenJ

I checked around the other posts...but did not see an answer. I purchased the door weatherstrip from BD. It has the built in welt.

Do I need to use adhesive when attaching? The strip looks as if it would pinch onto the metal.

Thanks!

I just pressed mine on, too. No glue on those.

How close are you getting, Tom? I keep waiting for you to drive it up here to Eugene so I can see it!

Speaking of, and totally off-topic - is there a big Z show coming up in Medford soon?

Edited by Arne

Yes, the Z Car Club of Southern Oregon is hosting a Z car (and other sporty Datsuns) show on June 25th. The prizes are excellent and I hope the turn out is good! I have to leave for work that day so will miss it unfortunately. Sent you a PM with more info.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Stephen!!

Tom

No apology needed. I took the advise of this awesome group....and works perfect. The doors close well....just a bit tight, but not to tight where I have to slam the door. Wiped the edges of the weatherstrip down with a shot of silicone spray.

...now onto applying sound deadener (Damplifier and Sound Deadener Showdown).

• 1 month later...

I just received 3 pieces of Kia Sportage weather strip for my 73 240Z. The internet is a wonderful tool. The weather strip was $19.00 each with $40.00 shipping. They came from a company named FourGreen. They said they had a problem finding them in the US and they were shipped from Dubai. It will take some time to put them in because my Mom is sick again and I’m spending all my extra time with her and haven’t been able to finish the car. I’m down to the last 10 or 20 hours but of course family comes first. I hope it works as well as everyone on the site is saying. I will let you know how it goes. There is a lot of posts about it but any installation advice and suggestions are appreciated.