IGNORED

Looking for a screw

24 Ounces

I know...provocative thread title that leads to a boring topic...hey, sorry guys! I have a very original '72 that is missing one of the screws that hold the WSW pump to the rear of the left inner fender. There is one screw still holding the pump...it's approx 3/4" long and is removed using a number 2 standard screwdriver. Who is a good source for original hardware for these cars, and is willing to sell me the nit-picky stuff I need? Also, when did the WSW pumps go from being mounted on the bottom of the tank to fender mounting? Thanks in advance for any help.

Alex from Columbus

The windshield washer pump is not mounted to the fender. It is attached to the bottom of the white plastic washer reservoir. Sounds like you have an aftermarket pump mounted in a convenient spot... You should likely amend your hunt to look for a new washer tank and stock pump if you want to retain originality.

I have an original tank and pump that I can get you. The pump is shot but you can get a perfect replacement with the exception that the wires have different connectors. What I did was remove the old wires and soldered them to the pump, I did a right-up on a forum about this even listed brand of pump and model #