IGNORED

Z Therapy Arrival

IdahoKidd

Ordered up set of carbs with Bruce at Z Therapy and they came yesterday. Chose the euro balance tube and non water set up. Right out of the box they looke AWESOME!! My buddy who is running tripple webers on his 75 had the reaction of "DUDE!" so I know they met his approval. I don't get to run them for some time, engine is still out of the car and the undercarrriage is at the the powder coater's but am very tickled to say the least. I know there are endless accaledes out there, but Bruce, who I am certain has a PhD in BS, is great to work with! I'll get them mocked up along with the header this morning and then undercoating the entire car while the suspension is out. The Tokico's are in the box waiting to go in and the last "big" thing is the Rota's and tires. It has been a long while getting the car back together but the deal was I had to pay cash for it as I went. My buddies don't understand that, but somehow it makes the whole project that much sweeter.

The moment I find my camera I will get a couple of pictures.

Leonard

Some pictures of before and after the arrival of my carbs. Clearly a much more sanitary set up. Spent the rest of the day getting the undercoating in place. That turned out really well but not all that worthy of a picture I wouldn't think. First two pictures are the before and after of the assembled set up. Note how clean the first picture is compared to the hose monster in the second. No smog, no water jackets, cleaned up euro balance tube with only one vacuum port. Had the motor turned flat to install the headers and carbs. Can't imagine for a minute trying to get all the nuts and washers on the studs while in the car. Last pic is the carbs as they came out of the box. Hot Damn!

post-17702-14150814778594_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150814779075_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150814779442_thumb.jpg

post-17702-14150814779907_thumb.jpg

Edited by IdahoKidd
additional text

Yes they are. I need to contact Bruce as to what I should do. They are either too short or too long. Not going to do anything yet without asking. Too much $$$ at stake to make a dumb mistake. It is actually more of an angle problem but it is a really simple fix I am sure. The pics don't do justice, the euro tube was THEE way to go.

Often those gas lines will take a set in shipping. More often than not just rotating them 90 degrees will drop the kink out.

I want to see what the water tube for the other side of the engine looks like. I didn't get to see it before your order went out.

Leonard your project is looking outstanding!

Stunning work as always for ZT!!...........just a thought here, on my engine rebuild last year I send my header to JetHot and had it coated. It will help protect it from rust and reduce heat for those carbs as well. If I remember correctly it was right around $200 give or take. I also had the heat shield done as well - I believe it was $35.....just a thought while I was looking at those beautiful shiny carbs!

http://www.jet-hot.com/

post-14147-14150814784377_thumb.jpg

post-14147-14150814783671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Travel'n Man

Leonard your project is looking outstanding!

Stunning work as always for ZT!!...........just a thought here' date=' on my engine rebuild last year I send my header to JetHot and had it coated. It will help protect it from rust and reduce heat for those carbs as well. If I remember correctly it was right around $200 give or take. I also had the heat shield done as well - I believe it was $35.....just a thought while I was looking at those beautiful shiny carbs!

[url']http://www.jet-hot.com/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45119[/ATTACH]

Not to hyjack the thread, but who makes this header? I have the same one on my car and love it but don't know who makes it.

Kidd, Its a shame to hide that mill under a hood. Looks really sweet.

The header is a pacesetter. Bought new in the box from a private party and thought it was something else. Had a fitment problem (addressed a while back in another thread) with the thickness of the flange but figured it out. Also had to modify the compression washers to clear a couple of the tubes. Going all the way to the back with separate pipes (twice pipes) through a small glass pack and a resonator tip. Travel'n Man, definately doing a plated heat shield. Would like to do the header like you mentioned but am trying to figure out where it all stops. I have almost $14 grand in the car as it is and haven't even fired it yet. Would like to make Canby this year but it ain't looking good.

BTW, what should I do to the carbs to keep them pretty? I have a clear coat on the valve cover but not so sure about the carbs. Who is doing what to theirs?

Thanks!

Leonard

I was actually talking about travelin mans header. I bought mine (same as his) used on Ebay last year when the flat tops went away. I considered the pace setters to save the stainless steel exhaust that the P.O. put on the car but I went with the 2.5 pipe all the way back. I just had to have an exhaust shop remove the 5 foot stainless twice pipe and tie in to the 2.5 inch stainless behind the trannie.

I remember the thread you started about the flange issue, and remember thinking that I made the right decision going the way that I did. It would be good to know what I would be looking for if I ever needed to get another set for a new car or to replace what is on mine now.