IGNORED

Glass replacement ideas?

deadflo

Hi guys!

Had an interesting day Sunday when I took the wife on a drive, essentially to "town". I have had trouble closing the passenger door on the 71 for awhile. You need to slam it pretty hard sometimes, the striker plate must need to be adjusted. Long story short, the wife slammed the door shut, and the glass in the passenger door shattered!

I have Haggerty insurance so figure it should be a quick fix. I called some local glass places, no one can get NOS glass for passenger side. I need your help with a good source. But there is another issue. I have a 12/75 280Z on my property, pretty much a parts car, but it's not really mine. It has sat here for about ten months, when the neighbor was foreclosed on.I told him he could leave it here for awhile, as I am out in the country and I didnt think it would be a big deal. It doesnt run, but I'd like to pull the window out. The guy moved away but left me two forwarding numbers. I am now leaving messages for him ,asking what he wants to do with his Z. He is not returning calls, and Im not even sure if he lives around here any more.How long should I wait to hear back from him before I get the window out, or what do you guys think I should do? Has anyone worked with Haggerty on a NLA parts issue before? They have a guy who is supposed to deal with the issue, but Im still waiting for his call.:ermm:

Hey deadflo,

I just did a quick check of my parts CD and, from what I see, the door glass changes after build date of 6/75. So, I don't think glass from the 12/75 280Z will work for a 71. May save you some grief. You should be able to find aftermarket glass for your 71, unless you need or want the originality of factory glass.

Dan

Dan, Good to know! I saw one thread on a vendor site that seemed to indicate they windows were different in later models, but I wasn't sure of the date!

Blue, I will check with the guy on Craigslist here in Spokane!

Any other input you guys may have on the old neighbors car will be appreciated still . There are some interesting parts on the "abandoned" 280. A set of Weber Triples, being the main item of interest!