IGNORED

Fudge!!! @#$!!!!! someone rear ended my car

grantf

Darrel, the other end is strait, But there is an indication that the bumper is shifted a little to the left. But it also looks to have a slight twist, like the right bumper strut is bent up and in (makes sense looking at the original damage). Any how I am pretty sure I could get things lined up with time but I am am supper busy at work and I would like to start fixing some other non mechanical issues with the car. Take it back in or fix myself??? other side...

post-17660-14150814945882_thumb.jpg

Edited by grantf

That's why when it happened to me, I immediately looked for a high class restoration shop to get an estimate. Restorers know the difference. They would NEVER have put that right corner rubber part back on the car, and they would have included the plug that covers the bolt too.

I hate to say it but... http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?42086-Fudge!!!-!!!!!-someone-rear-ended-my-car&p=362153&viewfull=1#post362153

I hope they make it right for you now.

Edited by cygnusx1

cygnusx1, that acually is a replacement, the damaged one from the accedent was in better shape. The plug is not shown because I removed it to see if I could tweek it back strait. The shop I took it to had a really good word of mouth following. I just think that they rushed my car through.

So I called the shop. I am in luck they have not tossed the old parts yet. I will be picking them up tomorrow and have a word about what is not acceptable. But at this stage I believe that the car is in better hands with me. So to start I will remove the bumper and do some careful measurements to determine why the bumper is not aligned. My plan is bolt a long piece of uni strut to the right hand bumper strut flange, heat it with a torch and bend it back close to alignment. Does this sound correct?

I got my some of my old parts back (well actually just the bumper end). It turns out the used one they installed was missing a bonded stud so they cannibalized the one from my old bumper end :mad: So I had to cut it back out of the POS they put on my car, and glue it back on. In addition the right hand bumper strut was bent in a little from the damage and I managed to tweak it back a little. here are pics of the end after my fix and after the professional job .

post-17660-14150815126127_thumb.jpg

post-17660-14150815126734_thumb.jpg

Edited by grantf

What a great way to scare someone into full coverage! But it comes as no surprise that you would do a better job on your z than a professional shop. The only real advantage they hold (usually) is access to parts and expensive manuals. Besides, they don't share the passion ;)