Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flauski

Finally, 2 years after my car rolled into the panel shop

Guest Flauski

NEVER tell a panel beater to take his time. 23 months in the making.

Now the fun part, puting it all back together :) So much more money to spend. Only problem with new paint is everything else has to be brought up to standard.

9uceuf.jpg

vi381f.jpg

Man I love my JDM tail lights :)

PM me if you have a bonnet popping cable or some extractors. Thanks to my fellow ANZACS I already have a mint dash top from Melbourne.

Edited by Flauski

FINALY!!! ive learnt the rule never ever tell a panel shop to take their time,

because they will, all of it!

Its looking really nice, Kind of sad its not blue anymore tho :(

Guest Flauski

Yeah I still think about the blue, trouble is it was not a factory colour, no one WORLD WIDE could find me a picture or real life example of the "metallic light blue" factory colour. I am real anal about factory colours and white was cheapest and in my opinion looks the nicest. Mind you the more I see the pale yellow the more I like that too......

Mmmm thats a big jigsaw puzzle i will be doing the same puzzle in the next 12 months LOL. Looks good tho.

Your car looks great!;)

The other phrase to never use when making a deal with the panel shop is "Work it in as you can". Fifty two months and counting.:ermm: Almost ready for paint!:love:

Guest Flauski

quarter4.jpg

quarter3.jpg

quarter1e.jpg

quarterk.jpg

FAVOURITE

quarter5.jpg

Man I still get excited about the condition of the interior in this car.

quarter6.jpg

Hey why do those pistons have 89 stamped on the top of them? what does that mean? ;)

Guest Flauski

Please help if you can, I NEED some of the clips that sit inside the horizontal chrome strip that goes on the edge of the boot.

I need 4 of the central ones and 1 of the end ones (end ones have a tab with a hole in it where a screw holds it to the boot lid.)

I checked my part number catalogue and they don't seem to have a seperate number from the boot chrome itself.

clipsboot.jpg

HELP!

Edited by Flauski

Wow! it looks amazing, motivation must be pretty high again seeing it at this stage! won't take you long now, its good to see you perfecting it though and not rushing it. congrats on the build, also motivation for me too to start getting on track with mine!

Guest Flauski

still need boot clips, tail light panel painted and not a lot else to report unfortunately

tp1i.jpg

tp2u.jpg

NEED THESE CLIPS (not willing to pay the 200 odd NZD through Yahoo. Anyone have any ideas????

bootclips.jpg

Do you have all the clips, and just need cleaner examples? If so why don't you get them plated? I don't know about sources down under but Norm at Zedsaver does some nice work...I don't know what postage would set you back.

Charles

How bad are yours? From the pictures, why not just have them acid bathed and zinc plated. That's what I'm doing. Yell out if you need a hand, I'm about to do mine ;)

Guest Flauski

easy to get out. I only have these clips as the most decent ones, pretty much rusted completely. I need at least two more middle ones and one more end one if I am to use the ones I have. I would rather have better condition ones

I here what your saying about the body shop. I made the mistake last June of saying "take your time" when I dropped off my Z. I've started a big push a couple weeks ago to try to get it out of the shop in under a year. Skyline looks great!

Guest Flauski
cool well I'm snowed under at work but I have a crack at making some stainless ones if you want?

Yes PLEASE!!!!!! That would be beyond awesome.

Yes PLEASE!!!!!! That would be beyond awesome.

ok but we have a bit of a back log so at the end of the month when the plane is going out I'll be able to have a crack at them :)