IGNORED

'73 240Z for free...

GSCReno

Hey all. Just thought I'd take a minute to tell you the story behind my new Baby. When we moved into our current house I noticed that the guy next door had a (901) silver 240Z sitting in the weeds in his "back 40'. After several bench racing sessions over the back fence I mentioned that I'd had 3 240Zs and a 260Z over the last 25 years or so and would love to have another. "I don't want to sell this one 'cause I'm gonna drop a Nissan V-6 in it". Bummer... However, after 4 years of constant but subtle pestering, I get a phone call one afternoon. "Hey Man, you still want this old Z?" Uhhh, YEAH!!! "Tell ya what, if you can pull it outta the mud that's held it captive for the last 7 years you can have it". An air compressor, a tow strap, a 1947 Willys CJ2A and an hour later it was sitting in my shop. Thank you, Santa!!! Best Christmas present EVER. Her name is Mari-chan and her vitals are as follows: HLS30-165011, Manufacture date 6/73, engine number L24-178082 (numbers matching) and I've yet to find a speck of rust on her. Proof positive that persistence pays off... She's Still Z One.:love: Cheers, Scott

Seven years in the mud without rust? Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

I agree. If it hasn't been restored and rust proofed there is no way possible cancer didn't get it greedy little stomach on it. PICS OR IT DID'NT HAPPEN. Congratulations though. That sort of stuff never happens to me.:ogre:

I have pics and will try to get them posted tonight. Gotta wait until my wife gets home because I'm an absolute knucklehead when it comes to computers. The thing is that even though I live in the Sierra Nevada (it's snowing to beat the band as I write this), Nevada doesn't use salt on the roads. That's why I've been able to supplement my income for 20 years by selling sports cars to folks back east and to various and sundry countries overseas. I went to visit my Brother in Jacksonville last year and found a '66 Mustang Fastback in a wrecking yard down there that was literally rusted in half! Even my '86 BMW 635CSi is rust-free. That said, I get the without pics, it didn't happen thing. I promise to get that sorted sooner rather than later. Cheers, Scott