IGNORED

Datsun S30 Stainless Steel Fastener Kits?

Danish 240z

I have just been looking on these kits:

http://mmsacc-stainless.com/html/Datsun.htm

I am close to buying many of the kits. But, then a question came in my head.

You Americans use inches, and i am pretty sure that my European 240Z 71 is with metric?

Anyone knows any facts about metric in Japan and Europe - and inches in US? Is it true :bulb:

Hope you will help!

Thank you! :)

Kind regards from Denmark

Sebastian, all Zeds are metric, if i were you, i would go to a hardware store (sanistål) and pick up what you need.

Thank you for the advice. Now I know they are all metric! :)

But i have decided to buy from MMS & Accessories. I got a great discount so now i have ordered for the whole car, for a total price of 494$ inclusive shipping. (2700DKK)

- Vi snakkes ved :)

Sebastian, I think you will be more than pleased with the whole car stainless kit from MMS & Accessories. There are quite a few fasteners that are included in the kit that you will not use though, just because they have attempted to put together a kit that will cover the 240Z, 260Z and 280Z. Also, note that there are no suspension/underbody fasteners included in the kit. You will have to get these from other sources. ChrisZ may be able to help you with that I bet.;)

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40653

Sebastian, I think you will be more than pleased with the whole car stainless kit from MMS & Accessories. There are quite a few fasteners that are included in the kit that you will not use though, just because they have attempted to put together a kit that will cover the 240Z, 260Z and 280Z. Also, note that there are no suspension/underbody fasteners included in the kit. You will have to get these from other sources. ChrisZ may be able to help you with that I bet.;)

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40653

Okay, thank you very much for the info! I have just seen your pictures of the kits in the plastic bags - looking forward to get mine!

About the suspension and underbody, - I have the most of it mounted. But when i need anything i am sure Chris will help to choose the right strength. :)

Be sure to coat the threads with Antiseize to prevent seizing, galling and pitting when using these fasteners. If you don't have any Antiseize on hand you can use Maalox antacid instead. You may know it as Magaldrate. It is a mixture of aluminium hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide that will also hold up to extreme heat cycles.

Edited by geezer

Be sure to coat the threads with Antiseize to prevent seizing, galling and pitting when using these fasteners. If you don't have any Antiseize on hand you can use Maalox antacid instead. You may know it as Magaldrate. It is a mixture of aluminium hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide that will also hold up to extreme heat cycles.

Thank you for the advice! :-)

I have found a very local company named Rocol, which make "ROCOL ANTI-SEIZE STAINLESS"

• Wide temperature range: -40 ° C to +1000 ° C

• Effective protection in wet and corrosive environments

• Prevents sticking with longterm exposure to high temperatures

• Approved to MSRR 4008, Rolls Royce PIC OMAT 4/62

• Low sulfur and chlorine content (less than 200 ppm)

(Translated with Google Translate)

Edited by Danish 240z