IGNORED

Repair/restore shop ?

FrankieZD

Help. I need to find a good shop that will work on my 240z.

I had the body redone & brought it to a Ventura shop (recommended) to fix some oil leaks & inop. gas gauge.

He's had it for almost 2 years now & the wiring is all apart & I need to find a shop in Ventura county that will fix it.

Anybody got any info?

Thanks in advance.

Well the saga continues.

I spoke to Art at SunriseZ and I was impressed with him.

We decided that I should take some photos of the state (mess) my car is in

and go from there.

I will try to get that done this weekend.

Thanks for your help.

I lived in Ventura for about 3 years and worked with a guy in Moorpark and another guy there in Ventura. The guy in Ventura was about 1.5 miles east or south (depending on how you look at it) of Seward Avenue. The shop in Moorpark is right of the main drag through town. I had a harmonic balancer replaced by the shop in Ventura and the guy did a great job. Both of these repairs were back in the early 90's so good luck with them still being in business. I have to be honest most shops don't want to take on someone else's mistakes. That's just the way it is. If you can find someone I hope your pockets are deep. Z Experts in Venice will put it back together for you but as I said I hope you have deep pockets. Richard Kuebler is the owner so I suggest you go down and talk to him. His shop is located on Lincoln Avenue. It will be worth the price of a flatbed ride. Good Luck!

Have you talked to Micheal at Sunwest Motors?

He's in Ventura on Palma Dr. and may be the same guy esmit208 is refering too. If you'd like to give him a call, his number is 805-644-9644. I live in Ventura and have had him as my ONLY Z mechanic for 22 years.

By the way, if you're in a BIG hurry you'd better let him know in advance because he likes to take his time and do the job right. I've never had to return my car to him for not fixing it the first time. He's that good.

Tell him Rob refered you to him.

Have you talked to Micheal at Sunwest Motors?

He's in Ventura on Palma Dr. and may be the same guy esmit208 is refering too. If you'd like to give him a call, his number is 805-644-9644. I live in Ventura and have had him as my ONLY Z mechanic for 22 years.

By the way, if you're in a BIG hurry you'd better let him know in advance because he likes to take his time and do the job right. I've never had to return my car to him for not fixing it the first time. He's that good.

Tell him Rob refered you to him.

Mike is a nice guy but he is the guy who has had my car for 2 years & still promisses to have it done "by the weekend" but nothing happens.

He is a good guy but for whatever reason he just doesn't get the job done.

I'm getting old & I want my car back before I'm too old. LOLLOL