IGNORED

Rechromed bumpers

kenz240z

It's been 20+ years since I had my bumpers chromed, but the place is still in business and does much chrome work for the hot rod guys. They seem to know what car folks expect. You will want to run a die down the bumper mounting bolts to clean up the threads or you will have trouble tightening the nuts, ask me how I know.

https://www.ogdenchrome.com/

They did the bumpers, grill and all other chrome on my wife's truck too.

June 2018.2 050.JPGJune 2018.2 054.JPG

Edited by w3wilkes
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update and info. I got a call into Ogden Chrome. I'll see what they have to say. FYI..another place I found is The Chrome Shop in Rock Island, IL Spoke with them several times and they seem like a possibility. Got a quote from them $1200 for front, rear and bumper guards. Extra for over bars but mine are in pretty good shape and I'm not sure if I'll re install them or not, Right now I'm thinking may just use the rear one and leave the front one off. Early stages of restoration so I have lots of time to decide.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on my bumper saga. I contacted Ogden chrome and got quite a run around. After about 2 weeks I finally got to speak with Jose. He quoted me $3200 + shipping to do front and rear bumpers without over bars.  I  had previously spoke several times with The Chrome Shop in Rock Island,  Illinois.  Very nice to talk to and very quick to respond to phone calls and emails.  Quote: $1200.  So far , they are who I'll be using. I'll keep you posted. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just had mine done at Southern Bumper in College Park, GA for $1090.00...bumpers and guards. Mine are 1973...where do I get the over rider rubbers....? Every place I see says theirs are for 70 - 72 only. BTW... I sent 4 rear bumper ends and asked them to pick the best pair for replating. They did all 4, so I have a set if anyone needs them.

• Like 1