IGNORED

What I Hope The Next ZCON has:

hls30.com

WHat would you do to get more S30 interaction in ZCON?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. WHat would you do to get more S30 interaction in ZCON?

• 1) More S30 specific items in the convention Store
    • 2) Display Early Nissan documentation
    • 3) Have a Retro Z Design Contest
    • 4) Invite more members of S30 history to the Convention
    • 5) Have Model Specific cruizes through town.
    • 6) Run an S30 Trivia contest every day-answers on the Documentation Display!
    • 7) USE VIN numbers to Raffle prizes-Randomly!
    • 8) Name that Part-identification contest
    • 9) A Spindle Pin Pulling contest!
    • 10) I know my Z contest-trivia contest for owners of each model-with one overall winner

Mike B - my reply was informational only. There are many people who don't understand the selection process. I for one wish we could do a regional rotation so that a convention is held near each Z owner every 3-5 yrs. That would require more clubs to step up and host.

But even with a system such as that, someone will end up driving long distances to get to one. I have missed one in the last 10 yrs and that was because I was on assignment overseas. Of those, I flew and drove the wizz out of the rental cars I got, at 3 of them. It would have been nice to have my Z there but it's the people that keep me coming back.

My apologies if my earlier post was poorly written.

How about separate lines for checking in to the convention? Those who have pre-registered and those wishing to register on the spot. The last thing I wanted to do after the 10hr drive last year, was to wait 2 more hrs to register, Which I didn't the first day. Other than that, all was good last year!

I believe you will see improvement there-I saw the lines, and actually gave up the time I had planned to prep my car for the show to help with that very issue. We have a two pronged cure for it, and I think either one could handle that issue.

I'm sure you will have Road Atlanta this year.

(broken record) www.highplainsraceway.com

Road Atlanta is almost 300 miles from the Convention Headquarters hotel-I think you are under the mistaken idea that The Georgia Z Club of Atlanta, Ga. is Hosting this years convention-They are not.

The Coastal Z Club of Savannah, Ga is hosting this years Convention-and we would love to have you come for a run on the course we are using for the track events-It was designed for Nascar/Indy Lights use, and with the Bucaneer Region of the SCCA setting up and overseeing the track events, you are sure to have some serious and challenging fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Burn out contest, Loudest Z contest, Loudest horn contest, Grill free hotdogs and hamburgers, Models to pose with the cars, Wet Z t-shirt contest, Mud wrestling, Hole in one contest at the golf coarse, trophies for oldest Z - Worse looking Z , Have a dyno with a prize for the Z with the most Horsepower, Sack races , raffle and 50/50, More food venors, Z pulling contest ( who can pull a Z 50ft , prize for the best time), Pin the tail on the Donkey for goodness sake. Make it more fun people!!! Let's make it a show to remember and look foward to going the next year. The motorcycle guys can party hard. Let's show them the Z guys can too.

If you want S30 stuff I can drive down a Hi-Cube and bring several hundred parts to the convention. Show some interest and I'll make it happen.

I have thought about a swap meet for individuals-but I have to find someone to completely oversee it,and to make sure everyone cleans up after themselves.

We have a vendor packet for business-and vendors renting space in the carshow can sell clean used and new parts-but must clean up after themselves.

• 1 month later...

OK, so I missed this one but after jonting thru the posts.....

The MSA show is NOT what it used to be. A club hosted event is always best. I think the best bet for a West Coast show would be Southern Oregon or Northern California. Most of us Washingtonians have no real issue getting to Canby (Datsun Driving Canby Fun event in June of every year, in Northern Oregon) And if the show was as close as Northern California, I would at least make the effort to go, Especially if it was a Large event with 50 to 200 cars, more concentrated on S30, 280ZX and 300ZX.

Lets face it, a "Z Show" of any kind would not likely be what it is if not for the Originators of the Z itself, THE 240Z. So I guess my vote would have to be "more centered on the S30"

Are there any Clubs on the west coast who would be willing to actually host an event like this??