IGNORED

Creaking and Groaning in passenger rear quarter

Zealous

OK, I know you listed this as an item checked... "New cusco strut brace bars (noise was there before them)"...but I think this might be worth taking another look at.

I have seen strut isolator studs that have been bent out of shape enough to damage the threads to the point that the required torque value was reached before the nut was properly seated. The sound you describe is exactly the sound made when the stud rises up & down in the hole ever so slightly. Just something I have seen and heard several times.

Bart, thanks for the scare if I can't find it I am going to have to get a chassis place to look maybe Dandos like one member suggested.

IdahoKidd, Still trying to work it out. I just got my new tool chest from a sears sale and have been trying to finally sort all my moving boxes in the garage for a bit more space. I will get the spring compressors out this week and see if I can see wear spots and then try WD-40. I am not a big fan of WD-40 find that it works for a bit and then gums up and makes things worse afterwards. Might try some chassis grease or shrink wrap Julio suggested.

Thanks geezer, I was also thinking about that last night and thought at this point it couldn't hurt to remove it and see. I need to remove it, if i decide on new shocks anyway.