IGNORED

It's time to make room.....

St.stephen

Alright guys. I guess I could scour the boards to see if I can meet peoples needs but that is time way too time consuming.

I probably have 14 Z cars in my house in parts alone not to mention the addition to the 4 in the shop. Of the cars I have parted out, I saved everything that was useable because well, I hoarded it. Someone will need it. Maybe me was my thoughts since I wasn't sure where I was going with the Zthing. I've been into the cars for 19 years now.

If there is an interest from fellow club members on parts I will be happy to go through what I have and make a list of what is available and what condition everything is in. Perhaps you have a broken door latch or missing interior piece. maybe you need the luggage straps for the rear deck or you snapped a stub axle at the track.

I do not want to deal with evilbay and the weed out the non paying dingdongs that wish to be a time burglar to me. It can stay on the shelves as far as I'm concerned. There's no rush on any of this stuff as I'm not in a bad way but it's time to pass on the more than I will ever need, furthermore I'm not looking for top dollar. Large items woul be expensive to ship such as steering racks, rears (I have several R180 and R200's), halfshafts, driveshafts...etc.

My main goal is to make some room in my shop, keep what I am going to need for my Z projects and perhaps help some people out. I have a 74 260 and 78280 I'm not sure what I'm doing with.

Unfortunately my inventory is more towards 260 and 280. I got rid of most of my 240 stuff a long time ago. I might have a parts dash laying around.

In any event.....Thats my rant :D

^^^ Any red interior body panels by chance. The pass. side, rear, the one that covers the fuel hoses etc...

I had opened the rear hatch and the panel got moved an I closed the hatch on it. Breaking the bottom of it a little. #$@#$@#*... :)

^^^ Any red interior body panels by chance. The pass. side, rear, the one that covers the fuel hoses etc...

Unfortunately my inventory is more towards 260 and 280. I got rid of most of my 240 stuff a long time ago. I might have a parts dash laying around.

I doubt it based on his comment above. I have a set of used red plastic panels and vinyl in storage, but I would rather sell them as a set or at least all the panels together. PM me if you are interested.

-Mike

Let's see....Red interior I don't have......I got rid of that last year from a 73 240..Butterscoth I have 3 full interiors coupe and 1 2+2. Any 2+2 guys?? Mint back seats!! Black only though.

Door scuff panels yes. Early or late. Early have datsun stamped on them. Late do not. I have both.

fuse box/ash tray cover...that's possible considering I have one 240 dash left...that's a box to check in the attic.

Automatic converting to manual please chime in. I have MANY pedal clusters!

I'm looking for parts for a 71 240z built in 4/71 I know your post stated your limited in parts for 240z, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

On the ash tray/ fuse box I would also be interested,

also the heater control panel,

what year is the dash and condition,

thermostat housing and fasteners,

the coolant out take and steel hose that goes around back,

the correct engine hoist brackets, I think I have everyone, but my year,

rear Supper Sprint muffler/resonator

rubber blocks for holding the brake lines

bottom seat foam

rubber stabilizer bushings

steering rack bushing

upper strut tower bushings

Nissan weather striping for the door

By chance did you keep factory fasteners?

Any chance you have a fuse box / ashtray cover for a '71 240? I know you said you were shy on 240 parts, but I thought I'd ask. Thx, Will

I have one you want the door that the defrost switch is on? I will pull it off the car. Insurance company is going to send it to auction anyway. I already stole the shift knob for my buddy that I got the car from. It was the last car his father had owned before he passed.

slingblade

On 70-71 240z the ash tray sits over top the fuses with the cigarette lighter. these plastic ashtrays are very brittle and are rare (compared to how many people need them). I had a 72 with the defroster switch in the door, and the ashtray was moved to the center of the console, a much better layout.

I think some lists might help of what people are looking for the Datsun classifieds have not worked well for my start of parts clearing, I don't ever have 1/10 of the parts that don't match my car listed that I have. Honestly when I listed to make an offer make it, when you ask me how much I look online for what everyone else is selling for. Just make it somewhat reasonable or they will go on eBay I wanted to open first dibs to this group because these are the people that help me out. I don't want eBay prices they are over inflated if you ask me. If they don't sell on eBay or hear I'll scrap or throw it out. It is costing me to much room now.

If you see something I might want let me know, I'm very open to trade I'm restoring a car mine that I'm restoring in a 4/71 production.

I'm going to post a L28 JE Piston kit with other parts like springs, intake valves . . .

A splash pan for a later year Z it was sold to me as a 71 pan but it don't match up so it is a later year it looks like 9/74 and later

Edited by ajmcforester
added more and corrected a typo