IGNORED

Door Lock repair for S30's

78zcar_blue

Hello everyone,

If you are like me and don't want to spend $100 per door lock I may have the solution, I ended up repairing mine with 3 holes and a pice of clothes hanger wire. Please see attahed photo of my repair, it works very well. If you need additional help please reply to this thread I will be happy to help you.

Mark

post-12411-14150813150382_thumb.jpg

Edited by 78zcar_blue

Yes , ''Yankee'' as in ''Johnny Cheese'' as in ''Dutch '' , and I can say the certain generation of those are as ''thrifty'' as they come - politely said of course.:classic:

To clarify post # 1 , if you have to buy another door lock, you can have it ''set'' to your existing keys , so you do not need a different key for that replacement lock.

Edited by Unkle

It works very well and you will not have to pay to have a new lock keyed to the existing locks if you were to buy a new door lock.
....if you have to buy another door lock, you can have it ''set'' to your existing keys.....
Don't those two statements essentially mean the same thing or is it just me?.......

I didn't think it was a mistake. To me, 'keying to the existing locks' is the same thing as 'setting to your existing keys'. It's really not quite that expensive to do one lock if you just hand the key and lock to the locksmith. The last time I had that done it was about 20 bucks per lock.

^ I ripped into him immediately , and he edited his original post.

Now I look like the dum dum with a wierd reply to statements in the first post that are not there anymore . :) Boy, I looked good . Now not so much..:D

^ I ripped into him immediately , and he edited his original post.

Now I look like the dum dum with a wierd reply to statements in the first post that are not there anymore . :) Boy, I looked good . Now not so much..:D By the way, SteveJ is a great guy.:beer:

It never hurts to quote the point you are addressing. That way it's almost impossible for someone to edit what they said that you're responding, too.

Of course, quotes CAN be manipulated. LOL

Edited by SteveJ

It never hurts to quote the point you are addressing. That way it's almost impossible for someone to edit what they said that you're responding, too. Steve J is a manipulator !

Of course, quotes CAN be manipulated. LOL

HEY ! Who is this guy Steve ? :laugh: