IGNORED

Anyone as excited as I am?!! GT5

five&dime

For those of you who know about Gran Turismo, you certainly have been eagerly awaiting the recent installment, the holy grail of all driving games. GT5. If I had a $ for every time this game has been set to be released over the past few years.... Well I would have enough to buy a nice dinner and a few beers :) It is finally official after a short delay from the attempted Nov 2nd date but it looks like it is well worth the wait. December 31st is now the date although I think there is a chance we might get it early for Xmas. The gameplay footage on youtube is from the UK where it was already just released. I prepaid on Amazon months ago and cannot wait!!!!

This is actually a driving simulator and not just a video game. So much work went into making this the most ultimate driving experience outside of the real thing. Full car (including underside) damage all using real crash test information. The sounds of the cars are truly replicated. Even the stitching and textures of interior materials have been perfectly recreated.

1000 cars to choose from and lots of amazing tracks including Nurburing and the UK Top Gear test track. They even have mini kart racing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZV67W4F2Q&feature=related

Edited by five&dime

Yeah. It's crazy all the stuff they have done. Track editor too :) Where you can use lots of parameters to create a custom track of your own!!!!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113842p1.html

Agreed on the wheel. I want to get the Logitech G27 and the seat.

If you aren't familiar with the G27 check it out. It is supposedly the only one to get with serious force feedback for the wheel, pressure increase for the brake and clutch pedal and a newly designed linkage for the shifter to really simulate the realism. All metal and leather steering wheel w aluminum paddle shifters if you choose.

http://blog.logitech.com/2009/08/17/new-logitech-g27-racing-wheel-for-pc-gaming/

Edited by five&dime

I can't wait to play this game! My kids will have to share gaming time LOL!

Speaking of driving simulations, did you ever play Grand Prix Legends? It was a true driving simulation with adjustable tire pressure, castor, camber diff ratios etc. Based on the 1967 grand prix season with every car on the grid simulated!400 bhp on skinnny bias ply tires it was fiendishly difficult It was PC based and no longer runs on my computer, I still miss it!

I can't wait to play this game! My kids will have to share gaming time LOL!

Speaking of driving simulations, did you ever play Grand Prix Legends? It was a true driving simulation with adjustable tire pressure, castor, camber diff ratios etc. Based on the 1967 grand prix season with every car on the grid simulated!400 bhp on skinnny bias ply tires it was fiendishly difficult It was PC based and no longer runs on my computer, I still miss it!

I played that game at a friend's house when we were about 12. We had no clue WTF camber and caster were and thought tires should always be set to 32. Needless to say we didn't have very much fun with that one.

Now you know how I felt when waiting for the "Forza Motorsport 2" Game to come out. I did 2.5 hours of Dyno time at FAME automotive, was told I would have my name in the credits, was told I would get a free copy of the game and they even did a "Turn 10" spotlight story for the FM2 website.

A year later they finally released the game. I don't even own an Xbox 360 but the waiting game sucked.

http://thrilloftheride.tumblr.com/post/216109400 (Part 1)

http://thrilloftheride.tumblr.com/ (Part 2, scroll to OCT 18)

This is not the original interview from forza but a lotta copy and paste on the Einterview's part)

Have fun waiting.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

The waiting is over :) We have been waiting for several years. It's finally out in the UK and as of today, all the official sites are slated for November 24th. Regardless Sony says US players will be enjoying it in 2010 so...

I have been following all the articles for months now and just this past week, official game play videos are online as well as actual images of the disc and packaging for US. These things were not available before and Sony never announced anything on when the game would be available. Until now :)

• 2 weeks later...