IGNORED

Spindle Pins - How To Tell If They Are Worn?

SSuspect

My wife usually let's me do what I want, but I have been getting the "take a break from the car" evil eye lately. :finger:

Our wives must have been separated at birth. I just dropped my head off at Slover porting, my cam at Isky and sent my rockers to Delta Camshaft. The latter two will cost less than $150 total, but porting......let's just say I am trying to find change in every seat cushion around the house and cars so I can avoid having to "ask" her. LOL

Tim, pictures look great. You are doing a good job. When I went to headers, it brought the primary tubes out away from the head and directly below the carbs as I see in your pictures. The excessive heat worried me, so I built an extension onto the heat shield which comes out underneath the carbs. Works great. Mine is a track mostly car. FYI

Tim, pictures look great. You are doing a good job. When I went to headers, it brought the primary tubes out away from the head and directly below the carbs as I see in your pictures. The excessive heat worried me, so I built an extension onto the heat shield which comes out underneath the carbs. Works great. Mine is a track mostly car. FYI

Thanks for the comments and information! The car is running now, but I need to dial in the carbs and final tune. It will be great to get it onto the ground and get moving on the paint. The car will be the same color as the engine compartment.

Great information about the heat shield - thank you! I am not sure of the origin of this header (it came with the car). It appears to be a custom stainless unit and fits well. I can easily fab up another shield at work. I will look into it!

My plan is to do a complete LT1/4L60E swap in the springtime (I already have everything to do it). I will drive it for a while with the 2.8 and see how ambitious I get.

Thanks again!

Tim

You know you're going to rip it all apart. >:-)

Well Darrel - You will (possibly) be happy to know that I have decided to NOT tear everything apart.

I got out my soda blaster last night and cleaned up the control arms and strut housings. They are very clean and the bushings seem to be in great shape. I will be painting them (and the drive shafts) with rust encapsulant and re-installing this weekend.

Everything else (except the actual differential) is powdercoated.

The only delay is that I have decided to do the rear disc brake conversion. It will be 2-3 weeks before I have the $$ to get the kit. I HATE TO WAIT! ROFL

I'll post a couple of pics when done.

Well - Rear control arms are cleaned up (blasted) and coated with rust encapsulant. New Tokicos, ST springs and urethane bumpstops are installed. Rear diff is painted. Rear diff cover is at the powder-coater and should be done tomorrow or Tuesday. Everything else is powder coated and ready to install.

The issue now is that I have to lay under the rear of the car and scrape, wire brush, clean and degrease everything. :tapemouth Then I will get everything painted up all nice and clean.

Will be ordering the rear disc conversion kit in a couple of weeks (once I sell off some more stuff)...

Couple of bad cell phone pictures (but you get the idea)...

post-16464-14150812452159_thumb.jpg

post-16464-1415081245249_thumb.jpg

post-16464-14150812452717_thumb.jpg