IGNORED

Carb Synch/Brake Questions

Limitless

As I said before, the 4x4 toyota brake upgrade is for the front. The calipers will bolt on the same holes. From memory 90mm hole centers.

Good quality pads on the standard front calipers is very good though. Are you confused yet.?

Suggestion- leave the front alone, until it needs attention.

Suggestion-replace rear cylinders. That will be far simpler and way cheaper than trying to fit discs to the back.

I am assuming the carburetor debate has ended but just in case, I use a synchrometer like LeonV. Then I put the tool in one of the carbs intakes and get a measurement, etc...

Concerning my rear brakes I would still like to know peoples experiences with a rear brake swap. For now I guess the best thing to do is just replace my rear wheel cylinder. Again what I am afraid of is that all of the other parts will be either hard to get or just really expensive like the rear wheel cylinders. My objective by doing a rear brake swap would be to not have to deal with the headache of trying to find rare replacement parts such as a new drum. From my sources the rear drums are no longer produced?

Again any advice regarding rear brakes(stock/swap) both pro's and con's is greatly appreciated. Also I would like to thank all of you for your responses.

Brakes and such . Mate, you have a classic- vintage car. Some parts are a little hard to locate,but are still around. It's going to cost you far more than the price of wheel cylinders to fit disc brakes to the back, and besides the majority of braking is from the front. If you had ever ridden a motorcycle you would understand this. I did, for 20 years on and off the track and seldom used the rear brake, only with light pressure.

You are looking to create headaches for yourself. $80 for wheel cylinders is not that bad. Have you priced a rear disc brake setup,? I doubt it.:stupid:

You can pick up a complete disc brake conversion kit for only $900 from Motorsport Auto

Edited by olzed