IGNORED

new paint

racer88

Yahooooooo..... finally after 2 years of engine, chassis, suspension and body work and changing my mind on the color 10 or 15 times :) my 260 went to the paint shop. I should have it back in a week to 10 days. Then the process of re-assembly begins. If all goes well I should be able to drive it by September. The final color choice is Snake skin green pearl from an 08 viper with a single black stipe down the middle starting out of the power bulge in the hood and ending at the lower valance at the back followed by 3-4 coats of clear. As soon as I get it back I will post some Pics

Bob Morris:D

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the paint shop. only took 2 weeks to get the color and the clear on. It was only supposed to take 1 week, but the humidity set in and we had to work around the weather. As the colour was very translucent, it took 8 sprayable quarts of green and 2 sprayable quarts of black, which we then covered with a gallon and a half of clear. Hope I can get it all back together and drive it before the snow flies!

post-20373-14150811814087_thumb.jpg

post-20373-14150811815289_thumb.jpg

post-20373-14150811816358_thumb.jpg

post-20373-14150811817186_thumb.jpg

post-20373-1415081181788_thumb.jpg

post-20373-14150811818125_thumb.jpg

Those may be the best looking skunk stripes I've EVER seen on an S30! I love how they start at the hood bulge and don't extend down the rear valance. Well done!

thats exactly what i was thinking. ive always looked into doing some sort of stripe starting at the hood bulge and maybe fade while going to the rear ending at the spoiler.