IGNORED

Drug this home today

ArnieTX

I have no idea what parts are original or what parts may not be. Condition is kind of rough. I've been watching it for a couple of months and decided I should save it from the crusher and keep some parts alive. I have a couple of phone pics , will post more pics tomorrow. Engine says L20 and the darn steering wheel is on the wrong side. :) I don't want it , maybe somebody can use some stuff on it. I also got the title with the car.

Serial number on the firewall says GS31 010623 - I think it's a Fairlady but is it?

post-13715-14150811655145_thumb.png

post-13715-14150811655819_thumb.png

Arnie,

A 'GS31' prefix indicates a '2/2' variant Fairlady Z, Fairlady Z-L or Fairlady Z-T model made after the big update to Japanese safety and emissions standards in 1976. The 'S31' prefix indicated the compliance to the new standards, but it was still technically part of the S30 series.

Body serial number 010623 on a GS31 prefix would imply 1977 build year, and likely June to August build months ( you can cross-reference parts on the car for a more accurate build date ).

Engine would have been an L20 six with Nissan EGI injection, and NAPS ( Nissan Anto Pollution System ). Transmissions on these would have been either 4-speed manual, 5-speed manual or Auto, depending on model and/or chosen options.

Lots of interesting little doo-dads on these cars: Higher-specced models had electric windows, remote-adjust mirrors and 'eyeball' interior lamps etc.

If you plan the part out the car, you might get some interest from the HybridZ crowd as a parts donor for LHD to RHD conversion?

Oh, and I think the handbrake / emergency brake needs adjustment...!

Here are some S31 sales catalogue scans that you might find of interest:

Cheers,

Alan T.

post-2116-14150811658457_thumb.jpg

post-2116-1415081165915_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150811660253_thumb.jpg

post-2116-1415081166104_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150811661726_thumb.jpg

post-2116-1415081166228_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150811662829_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Alan,

I don't know if you saw this but it appears that car does have electric windows! After your information about the improved options, I looked closer at the interior picture. There appears to be 2 small switches on the door panel that look like electric windows. Do you think these are the original ones? Thats a cool find in Texas.

carl

There appears to be 2 small switches on the door panel that look like electric windows. Do you think these are the original ones?

Carl,

Yes, looking again at the photo I can see what appears to be the factory electric window switch present on the door ( but no door panel - which would have been special for the elec window version ).

I think I should have all the parts manual references / wiring diagrams etc etc for these, if anyone needs them?

Cheers,

Alan T.

post-2116-14150811663504_thumb.jpg

This is the thing I love most about this website. Arnie finds an uncommon car (especially a RHD) and there is always someone that can fill in all the information. It is amazing the resources out there and the knowledge of these cars that people have. No offense to the museum but there is more accurate information in the brains of people here than anything they say or print. Kudos to everyone. Good luck Arnie with the car. Hopefully someone can use the parts.

carl

Alan,

I don't know if you saw this but it appears that car does have electric windows! After your information about the improved options, I looked closer at the interior picture. There appears to be 2 small switches on the door panel that look like electric windows. Do you think these are the original ones? Thats a cool find in Texas.

carl

It also appears to have the switches for the optional remote adjustable mirrors.