IGNORED

Custom Vent Ducts for Vintage Air A/C Install

Oiluj

Not entirely sure on the Materials used, or what materials it prints with, but you can find tutorials to build yourself one of these machines online and the cost in parts is 300 - 500ish they are pretty popular in the Do it yourself / hacker type crowds. Like http://www.makerbot.com/

Or have it made for you http://www.shapeways.com/

Like i said not sure on the specifics of it, just know it's possible to build one in your garage.

Yeah, I have messed about with that stuff a lot. Cheap and more user-friendly microcontrollers and stepper motors have made crude DIY CNC stuff a reality.

It's definitely not a piece of cake, but it's on my list of projects for when I have time.

Attached is a pic of the installed "custom" HVAC controls & stereo. The "defrost"sysmbol is hidden by one of the knobs in the pic.

Still need to replace one damaged decal, but otherwise it all looks and works as intended.

post-15388-14150811645113_thumb.jpg

Julio, I appreciate you considering it, please let me know if able to create another center vent and what you would be willing to sell it for. Thanks!

Duffman,

Your center vent is printing as we speak. Send me a PM with your address and I’ll ship it to you later in the week.

Think I need to take the prototype shop guys out for a beer later for allowing me to make use of their tools for my project!