IGNORED

275/40/17 tires with ZG flares and stock suspension?

logan1

I'm still building the 260Z project but plan on running The Rota RB 17x9.5's with 275 or 265/45 or 40's I think the offset is suppost to be -30 But most run a -19 with 255's, If I recall correctly.

Let me know what you find out as I too am curious. I have the ZG Flares and have cut 2.75 off the the rear fenders. I have Eibach Lowering springs and KYB struts (for now) but may go with the Tokico's.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

You will have to change your speedometer gear in the transmission with 275/40/17 tires. The OD is bigger than the original was by 43mm. And you will need a negative offset. Does a 275/40 require a 10" wide wheel, or is it more like an 11" wheel?

• 2 months later...

I am running the Tokico Blues and Tokico 280 springs on my 240z. Now I have a 350 sbc in mine, so ride height is close to stock.

I recently purchased the Rota Rb's in 17x9.5® and 17x9(f). I have a set of Sumitomo htz2(?) in 275/40/17 and 245/40/17.

The height appears to be slightly higher due to taller diameter tire (25.8" tall). I had to cut quite a bit of rear fender out. Nothing on the front fender, but I had to shave the inner edge off of my MSA air dam. Oh and I am running the zg fender flares.

Ride is a little stiff, but it's not as stiff as my ride in the garage:)

Here is a pic of her:

img00070200910221752.jpg

By evolvin at 2009-11-04

Offset is -13 on fronts and -19 on rears. I was worried about the clearance of the spring perches in the rear, but there is plenty of clearance.

And the color is Chrysler Champion Silver. Its a dark silver, almost gray. Goes well with the matte black hood, wheels, and fender flares. Looking to remove the chrome from door handles and drip sill next. But the looks still is goot.

• 4 months later...
I am running the Tokico Blues and Tokico 280 springs on my 240z. Now I have a 350 sbc in mine, so ride height is close to stock.

I recently purchased the Rota Rb's in 17x9.5® and 17x9(f). I have a set of Sumitomo htz2(?) in 275/40/17 and 245/40/17.

The height appears to be slightly higher due to taller diameter tire (25.8" tall). I had to cut quite a bit of rear fender out. Nothing on the front fender, but I had to shave the inner edge off of my MSA air dam. Oh and I am running the zg fender flares.

Ride is a little stiff, but it's not as stiff as my ride in the garage:)

Here is a pic of her:

img00070200910221752.jpg

By evolvin at 2009-11-04

did you have the shave the front air dam cause the 245 tires were rubbing it?

If I recall correctly, Yes he has to Shave it a little.

I'm Running 245/45ZR17's on the front of my 260Z project which has Tokico Blues and Eibach PR lowering springs. The tire will hit the Urethane Air Dam about 3 or 4 inches up from the bottom.

I also have the ZG flares and have cut both front and rear fender lips about 2.5 inches up at the highest point, welded the outer body and inner fender back together in the rear to seal it back up.

I think it's in the pics in my Cardomain page below, in my signature. (the 260Z link)

Dave

If I recall correctly, Yes he has to Shave it a little.

I'm Running 245/45ZR17's on the front of my 260Z project which has Tokico Blues and Eibach PR lowering springs. The tire will hit the Urethane Air Dam about 3 or 4 inches up from the bottom.

I also have the ZG flares and have cut both front and rear fender lips about 2.5 inches up at the highest point, welded the outer body and inner fender back together in the rear to seal it back up.

I think it's in the pics in my Cardomain page below, in my signature. (the 260Z link)

Dave

It's amazing what you have done with the Z Dave. Quite the journal. You should've made a Targa Z haha. I really like the custom fabricated front grill. I installed the BRE front air dam and it really opened up the lower section. Your custom grill fills up that gap. Where does one buy such a grill or any suggestions on how to make one?