IGNORED

I need some photos of frame (underside) front end.

mtbnathan

Hi, I am attempting to assess the damage to my 240z. I bought it some 12 years ago and am now, again, looking to go thru a few rounds of restoration/upkeep.

Issue #1: The front passenger fender has been replaced (other blue, behind my otherwise off white z). Evidence of a collision. Also, noted on the passenger side, at where the front tie rod goes into the frame, the (female) mount, that is part of the body, is cracked and poorly welded as a repair. :(

This damage never seemed to affect the driving, but after discovery, I vowed to properly repair: put on laser frame rack, to check/repair, clean out/up poor welds, reweld.

Issue #2: The engine rests on the frame with washers! The mechanic checking the alignment discovered that the engine was resting on the frame with just solid steel washers. I am missing the rubber motor mounts.

Why would someone do this?!

Issue #3: What's more, after hours of work underneath doing the brakes, I was 19 at the time, I discovered this car was airborne, as evident by the pebbles dragged thru the factory undercoat. There is not too damage, it appears. Just made me chuckle...I didn't do it.

HOWEVER, the front frame rails are my main concern:

Appear crumpled, dented in the middle/forced up, as they run to the rear of the car, possibly from making contact with a road (upon landing at speed). I naively thought this might just be how the car was made. Now, I feel I might need to have these rails pulled/straightened off the firewall (if I know what I am talking about). Appears, some front collision occurred, or that is what I want to determined.

I am looking for photos of frame (on a good/clean 240Z) to compare with mine. PLEASE. I need them to make a decision to keep or sell my 240z.

Sadly, if the body/frame needs extensive repairs...I would rather buy a manual 2 door gen. 3 VW Golf or a Mini Cooper S. Sorry, yall.

Thanks all!